Honchkrow UD 15/90 and 16/90

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
I was just going over some cards in my binder when I came across these:

Honchkrow 15/90

Honchkrow 16/90

If combined with Junk Arm to discard Dark Pokemon, and attach Special Dark Energies, could this be a good card as a Gengar counter? It was just an idea that could either be a fun deck or competitive.

Heres a skeleton list:

Pokemon:

4-4 Honchkrow ( 2#16 Honchkrow UD and 2 #15 Honchkrow UD)
4 Sableeye UD (2 for discard)
1-1 Weavile UD (for discard)

Energy:

4 Special {D}
8 {D}
2 Rescue

T/S/S:

4 Bebes Search
2 PONT
4 Junk Arm
3 POV
2 Flower Shop Lady
2 Seeker

Anything else this can use?

Aburame Yuki

Nothing to say...
I think the #15 has some potential for a league deck. Run it with honchkrow sv to get low hp pokemon to snipe and crobat g to add damage and you can get easy k.o s almost every turn. As for other dark pokemon, umbreon ud is a good tech since it works vs most decks in the format.

If you want to make the deck i would run 4 murkrow (SV?) 4 honchkrow (2 #15, 1 #16, 1 SV) and 2/ crobat g. And then put in anything (supportive pokemon/ other attackers) you feel like.

Gengar_is_Pwnage

I like that list, except I would run the #16 cause thats the purpose of the deck, discard Dark Pokemon to load up Vengance with 3 Special Dark attached to to loads of damage per turn. The other Honchkrow would be for support incase the 2 #16 die.

Aburame Yuki

Nothing to say...
^But #16 would be a "hard hitter" in this deck meaning that it's useful for taking out troublesome pokemon. While #15 can be used to take easy k.o s on pixies and such. So i still think that running 2 #15 would increase your speed (since it needs 2 energy to attack). And #16 is good too and can be fast if you use DCE. But in my mind it's more of a late game attacker since it gains attack power depending on your discard pile.
So take some prizes with 2 #15 and after that you take out #16 and it's stronger than it would have been if you had started with it. (i know you can just discard pokemon but why add useless pokemon to discard while they can just be k.o ed?)

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Hmmm good reasoning. I like someone who can back up their suggestions :) What could be used to stall though while I set up?

Shiny Shinx

WE ARE IN THE BEAM
Use some Sharpedo TR, have it sit out there for a little bit, try to discard your opponent's hand while you're at it, and when it gets KO'd, that powers up Vengeance.

~SS

Aburame Yuki

Nothing to say...
^ That, or another dark pokemon to help setup or slow the opponent down (like sableye SF). Or just try to start with murkrow attach and energy (t1) and next turn evolve and attach another and start attacking. But i would recommend running 4 sableye too, mostly since you need more dark type pokemon to power up honchkrow #16 later on, but also because you will be running special dark and crobat g anyway so why not make a donk possible too?

Another pokemon you want to consider running is umbreon UD. Since you don't have any high hp pokemon (well you could make it a t-tar prime/honchkrow deck?) You will need a pokemon that can stall some time so you can get back after your honchkrow have been k.o ed (if you don't have one ready). And umbreon is dark and will power up honchkrow #16 later on. (run junk arm to discard pokemon you don't need in the current matchup, and sableye late game)