• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Honchkrow/Tapu Koko/Necrozma GX

Anonymous...

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon - 17

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Murkrow GRI 78
* 3 Honchkrow GRI 79
* 4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 153
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Captivating Poké Puff STS 99
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 N FAC 105

##Energy - 14

* 10 Psychic Energy 5
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Plan: The intention of this deck is simple, get tapu koko into the active and deal as much bench damage as possible before getting ko'd. Then honchkrow can come in for clean up duty. I also run necrozma mostly for the gx attack, 100 damage to each ex and gx on your opponents bench, which super powers honchkrow with guaranteed OHKO. Espeon is also teched in as he's been clutch so many times that when he rotates he's getting framed on the wall.

Either way, I'm looking for input to improve the deck. I've debated on using Marshadow GX in the deck to help with koko and the super low hp, but alolan muk would disrupt the entire deck.

Thoughts and input please?

I think 3-3 or 4-4 Honchkrow might be better. I'd also lower psychic energy by 1-2 and poke puff by 1. This would make room for 4 ultra ball and another espeon. Espeon gx could be a good additon too

I do LOVE the concept of this deck and probably looking at working something similar but with an added twist. I'll admit I don't have the all the answers- and with any deck there are some inherent flaws and counters.

Do you feel that this deck keeps enough steam throughout the game? As the more Hounchkrow KO's the weaker he gets? How do you deal with Max Potion/Super Scoop Up/Acerola/NineTales GX Damage switch/ etc. as Necrozma's only useful attack is just once per game?

I know you have the best odds of starting the Koko, What's your play if you don't? Guzma into it- which would use up your supporter for the turn... Maybe add some sort of Item based switch- Switch/Float Stone/Escape Rope?

Another thought is that you might want to add in a Ninja Boy to preserve the TapuKoko's DCE; just add on a psychic energy- and you're ready to Black Ray-GX.

I only play online (and haven't opened/traded for a Necrozma) so I don't know how this will work out... But I like TapuKoko/Necrozma/Aegislash (PainfulSword doubles all damage) with a Hounchkrow teched in. That's a Stage 2... and could have to squeeze out a lot of other cards.

The scoop up/acerola/damage change are the name of this decks existence, alongside rough seas, which basically guarantee that I'm a lost cause. The item based switches are something I didn't think of, and will probably get moved in very soon.

I never let the thought of using ninja boy into necrozma cross my mind at all. I'll have to tech that and see what happens.

I've lately given up stage 2s and breaks (I originally built this deck with trev break due to kokos hp concerns before I thought of fighting fury belt) but they've gotten clunky. Might be a good future deck idea to keep around.

Why run Honchkrow? I feel like you should go all out on the spread idea by adding Ninetales or Weavile

I would prefer to go all-out on Spread over heavy damage to the defending pokemon.

He does...
It's better that Honchkrow stays in as you're not likely to get off Espeon EX's devolutions every game. A backup way to take advantage of the spread damage is better in case the first one fails.

With little setup needed here- is this a deck that you'd prefer to go 2nd to get the 1st attack in?

Another deck that will give this fits: Gramador (as I played against it yesterday). Went 2nd; Flying flip (which activated Berserk, but even if he doesnt get his 3 energies- you'd get Righteous Edged); which then I promoted a Necrozma; thinking I'd have immunity; but that got shut off with Garbotoxin... *bangs head* Even Koko+FFB gets OHKO by a triggered Berserk- So the other similar card I was debating between was Hoopa (130HP- but only picks out 2; but also only needs the single energy)

One card to be considered in this deck would be Aether Paradise Conservation Area (APCA), which, along with FFB, give Tapu Koko an effective HP of 180, which lives Drampa. I would definitely play Ninja Boy in this deck because having Espeon EX and Necrozma GX sitting on your bench with a psychic weakness is not a good thing. Also, I think you could switch the Brock's Grits for a Rescue Stretcher and something else. Items aren't really a problem because you're mostly trading 1-1 with Garb anyway, and they don't take your supporter. Also I would add a fourth N, as you won't be taking prizes until the late game anyways.

And another kind of card I would suggest is Spiritomb from Steam Siege or the Tapu Lele that's coming in a pin collection soon. They let you move damage counters around on your opponent's Pokemon, so if you build up half damage on 6 GX's, you can use that attack and just win.

I play a similar list with some success (top 8 at a Cup):

##Pokémon - 21

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Murkrow GRI 78
* 4 Honchkrow GRI 79
* 1 Sneasel BUS 85
* 1 Weavile BUS 86
* 3 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Giratina PR-XY XY184
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Po Town BUS 121
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Super Scoop Up BUS 124
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 10

* 6 Darkness Energy 7
* 4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Total Cards - 60

The idea is to spread as much damage as possible with Tapu Koko and Weavile, Necrozma seems to have too high an energy cost, but that's what the Ninja Boy is for.
Once there is sufficient/significant damage on their board, bring up Honchkrow for the OHKO.
OR
Bring up EspeonEX for that Miraculous Shine devolution. This works well against Gardevoir and Ninetails to take out the smaller stage 1s and basics beneath.
Against Volcanion the Weavile puts a lot of damage real quick with 60 on each Volcanion and Tapu Lele that's out - be careful of your own Lele and Oranguru though.

Ideally, you want to start with Tapu Koko, and Brigette into Sneasel and 2 Murkrows. I prefer avoiding using the Tapu Leles if I can; I want to trade pr1zes 1 for 2. This rarely happens though. Maybe looking at changing the Brigette/Lele counts around. Kukui will probably come out in favor of something more useful in the future, like a Tapu Lele promo.
Minimal items to thwart Trashalanche, but these Pokemon as so small it's almost unavoidable
Giratina is there for the Greninja Break matchup, that's a tough one if it can get those Giant Shurikens off every turn.

Might I suggest Spiritomb from Steam Seige? With it's Damage Play attack, you can move all of the benched damage around to take knockouts. I also recommend including counter energy when Crimson Invasion releases since this deck will be behind in prizes until it takes a bulk of knockouts.

Might I suggest Spiritomb from Steam Seige? With it's Damage Play attack, you can move all of the benched damage around to take knockouts. I also recommend including counter energy when Crimson Invasion releases since this deck will be behind in prizes until it takes a bulk of knockouts.

I'm looking at Counter Energy and the new Tapu Lele when/if we get it. I'm also looking to reduce the Tapu Lele GX count, just to limit the bench bait.

I'm looking at Counter Energy and the new Tapu Lele when/if we get it. I'm also looking to reduce the Tapu Lele GX count, just to limit the bench bait.
What is this new Tapu Lele people are talking about? I've looked over CRI and SHL set lists and there's no Tapu Lele to be found. Where is this coming from?

Back