Honchkrow from Supreme Victors (#29) [11/24]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
29-honchkrow.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1.I think this card is a great Machamp Counter in Sablelock, or any other darkness type SP-based deck as you already run the darkness energy, but on its own it is not very good.
2. It is used in Sablelock but its popularity is lowering with ChenLock to take its place, now Drifblim is used instead
3.You could put it in Sablelock as said before as a Machamp Counter, and I am sure there are some rouge decks out there that try to abuse Honchkrow's "Darkness Restore"
4. 4/5, it is a great counter to Machamp, has a good attack and a pretty interesting Poke-Power, the only thing stopping from having its own deck is Luxray GL's popularity
5. Great! Definitely portrays Honchkrow's sneaky personality :)

First! :D

1. On it's own, it's not good. However, it can be used as a Tech.

2. Machamp, as a tech, to counter Gyrados. Since Machamp has an auto-loss to Gyrados, it needs a tech to help it. This is one of them. You put a Magikarp on their bench, thus hindering their damage by 30. May sound nice, but any good list will just SSU/Seeker it up, and then Junk Arm/Regice it right back into the discard.

3. No combos, really. Just a tech for certain decks.

4. 3/5. It's not all that good, really. It can be used to counter Gyrados, but it does a mediocre job at it. However, it can be worth a try.

5. Never really paid any attention to it. It's ok, I guess. It really shows the darkness side of him.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?

On its own, na. But for a deck that use Dark, DCE and SPs, ownage.

Sablelock Chenlock (What is the difference between those two?)

Since it is a stage 1 and resist to fighting, great counter to machamp and any other fighting type deck.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

I would give a 7 on 10 as it is a stage 1 and even against machamp, sp can just snipe around to win.

5. How's the artwork?

Pretty meh when you look it on screen but i am sure that on card, the background (the sky) will look like an Lv.X s background.

1. My arch enemy plays this in his deck. Even though he lost nearly every battle with it, he must have been playing it wrong because it's really good and worth being played.
2. Jumpluff. Use this guy to fill up your oponett's bench.
3. Use Darkness restore to fill up oponett's bench, Pokemon Contest Hall to fill up both benches, and finish off oponett with Jumpluff's Mass Attack.
4. 5/5. It looks like Honchcrow will make to a big contest with Jumpluff.
5. 5/5. Love how the backround has the "evil swamp" look.

Guiding questions:
5. How's the artwork?

1. This card is.....interesting. Filling your opponent's bench seems very anti-benefitial until you realize the possibilities. Yeah, we've got easy sniping again! WOOT! And riot does a hefty amount as well

2. It can be used in any Chomp deck providing easy bait for Dragon Rush. As somebody said, it can be used in Pluff

3. Combo with any good sniper, really. Like Honchkrow UD Blindside. Or even Honchkrow G with Crobat G. Yeah, honchkrows work together well

4. Ummmmm......4/5 i suppose

5. 3.5/5 Its interesting.....the evil gaze thing makes it look rather old....

Guiding questions:
5. How's the artwork?

1. This card won me a pre-release so I'm gonna say its a pretty good card.
2. If you really hate SP pokemon, this is the card for you. This is a very fun card in an anti SP deck.
3. I believe there is a few cards that don't allow your opponent to evolve their pokemon so if you can find any of them they work really well with this guy.
4.I would give this card a 4/5 because its a great card to have a deck around but he still has moderate HP so that makes him a nice target for electric decks.
5. Finally some good artwork! 5/5 for sure.

1. i think this card have potential but is to good and nice attack
2. a nice tech to jumpluff
3. jumpluff and contest hall or anithing to fill benchs
4. 4/5 is a nice tech and have a interesting pokepower.
5. 4.5/5 nice position and a good dimensional position of the background acording to the pokemon :3

RE: Honchkrow from Supreme Victors (#29) [11/24]
Guiding questions:
)I think its a really good card. I mean its not one of the best, but I built a deck around it and it normally plays well. Doesnt always win, but there nothing out there that ALWAYS wins cause some of that comes from the luck of the draw.

)Not sure of any. Im the only one I see playing it in my area. However I see how it could work with Jumpluff as some have said.

)I team it up completely with only Basics and SPs so that it can always do as much damage as possible. And it will do even more facing an SP/Basics deck.

)Like I said, its a good card, not one of the best...id give it a 4.

5. How's the artwork?
) The artwork is good, but not one of the best images of him.

I like this with the new Gengar. Play a Seeker, then Stick a Magicarp on the bench and then retreat and send it to the lost zone with Gengar. Pull this off twice in a game and Gyrados will scoop.

*On it's own lets look at it's essentials: 90 HP, 1 retreat cost and an attack that's max potential with an E Belt is 160 (+blackbelt=200) (which isn't likely going to be anywhere near that). It does have a nice resistance to fighting which helps a lot when fighting donphan decks, and the poke-power and attack work hand in hand with each other. On it's own though it's low hp hurts it and the requrements for the attack to be crucial is unlikely, unless fighting SP decks, but any good meta SP deck will be set up faster than them so yeah...lol
*It is definitely a great tech for jumpluff and any chomp deck.
* Set up bait for a chomp or any other sniping pokemon, to get jumpluff more power behind his punch, make an SP deck with him and you have quite the attacker, etc.
Hmmm I'll give this card a good 4/5, nice tech and cool power.
5. How's the artwork?
*Eh a 3 not soo cool.

Back