Ruling Holon WP

master1116

~The Real Fire Pokemon Trainer~ (I wish)
Holon WP energy says if the pokemon it's attached to has a water energy attached to it also, prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to that pokemon. So if a Card said put 5 damage counters (not 50 damage) on that pokemon, would WP negate it?

Yes. Putting damage counters is not doing damage. It is an effect of an attack. Holon WP prevents it.

Further info about Holon Energy...
Compendium said:
== HOLON ENERGY FF/GL/WP (EX:Delta Species)

* Holon Energy WP and Ancient Technical Machine [Ice] only prevent effects that come from attacks, not all effects in play. Trainer cards, Poké-Powers, and Poké-Bodies are not prevented by those cards. (Jul 25, 2006 PUI Announcements)

Q. Several Pokémon reference Holon Energy cards in their text; for example, Rayquaza's "Delta Guard" Poké-BODY says that if a Holon Energy is attached, it doesn't take 7 damage counters for using his "Lightning Storm" attack. My question is: if I've attached one of Holon's Pokémon (e.g. Holon's Voltorb), as an energy card, is it considered a Holon Energy?
A. Attaching a Holon's Pokémon as energy does not count as having a Holon Energy attached. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have a Pokémon with basic Grass Energy attached that is affected by one or more Special Conditions, when I attach Holon Energy GL is it cured of those conditions?
A. Yes, it would remove Special Conditions on that Pokémon. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Is the reduction of damage done from Pokémon-EX's cumulative if I have more than one Holon Energy GL attached?
A. Yes it is. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have more than one Holon Energy GL attached, do I need to have one basic Lightning Energy card per Holon Energy GL in order to use its effect?
A. No, one basic Lightning Energy card is enough to cover all of the Holon Energy GL attached to that Pokémon. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If you attach Holon Energy GL to a Benched Pokémon, does it reduce damage done from Pokémon-EX's even if that damage is not being done to that Pokémon?
A. No, Holon Energies only protect the Pokémon that they are actually attached to. (Nov 3, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Does Holon Energy WP prevent effects (excluding damage) done by an opponent's Pokémon powers (i.e. Machoke's "Strikes Back")? Or does it only prevent the effects from an opponent's attacks?
A. It only prevents the effects (excluding damage done) from an opponent's attacks. Effects from Trainer cards, Poké-Powers, and Poké-Bodies are not prevented. (Nov 17, 2005 PUI Rules Team; Jul 25, 2006 PUI Announcements; Jul 27, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. For Holon Energy GL with a basic Lightning energy attached, is the 10 damage reduced before or after Weakness/Resistance?
A. It's reduced after Weakness/Resistance. (Dec 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. What happens if I try to use "Drag Off" to bring up a benched Pokémon that has a Holon Energy WP attached ("prevent all effects excluding damage done...")
A. Since the Holon Energy WP would prevent the effect of switching out that Pokémon, you cannot target it with Drag Off. You will have to choose a different target. (Mar 23, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Do I get to remove any Special Conditions (i.e. Poison, Asleep, etc.) when I attach Holon Energy WP to that Pokémon?
A. No, Holon Energy WP doesn't remove Special Conditions, but it prevents them from being placed by attacks made after it has been attached. (May 18, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Does Holon Energy WP prevent an opponent's attack from placing damage counters onto that Pokémon?
A. Yes, "placing counters" is not the same as "damage done", so Holon Energy WP prevents placing counters onto that Pokémon. (May 18, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Wobbuffet attacks an opponent using its "Shadow Tag" attack. During the next turn a Holon Energy WP is attached to that Pokémon. Will this prevent the Shadow Tag effect from taking place at the end of the turn?
A. The Shadow Tag effect is a pre-existing condition on the Active Pokémon that was attacked by Wobbuffet. Holon Energy WP only prevents effects from new attacks during the time while it was actually attached; it does not remove effects already on a Pokémon. So in this scenario the Shadow Tag effect would still work. (May 18, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have Holon Energy WP and a basic Water energy card attached, when my opponent performs an attack that involves discarding a tool attached to that Pokémon, does the tool get discarded or not?
A. Holon Energy WP would prevent discarding of the tool by an opponent's attack. (Sep 21, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Back