Holon Circle, 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolz, holon circle must be used with cards that can remove stadiums or other stadium cards, if your deck only plays 1 type of stadium 'Holon Circle' without any cards that can remove stadium it can be pretty double edged. your opponent can always refuse to attack and also do set ups, and if both keep refusing to attack the one with less cards left in deck would lose in the end, or when a player realises his deck is running out, he would have to attack and enabling his opponent an extra attack and also playing holon circle would give advantage to the player that sets up faster and better.

all uchisasuke said was right, it's not reallly good if u misplayed it

anyway sometimes u will help ur opponent through stalling with this card
(some decks which requires set-up really hunts u when they get total set up!)

try imagine now's HL on, with 2 shedstall fighting ( both have 4 of this card) LOL

i thought that this was a good card....

if you control the trainer cards.. you control the game....

this baby is perfect for typlosion houndoom deck....

holon 0 blocks attacks, houndoom prevents use of trainer cards (windstorm, stadiums, candies, etc.), typlosion powers up itself w/ its poke body.... here comes the edge of the deck... YOU can play trainers, let's say windstorm on your own stadium? energyroot (if typlo reaches damage span 100+)? Pokémon reversal for those who build their benches....

ain't it no good????

I think Holon Circle is a good card for stalling whilst you're hurting your opponent in seperate ways, like Crobat ex, Cacturne-d, Shiftry ex, Snorlax-d, Walrein ex, Exploud ex, etc. Simply put counters on your opponent, power up your bench, Windstorm it away and start the sweep. Of course Houndoom would be absolutely essential otherwise your opponent could counter-stadium/windstorm and ruin it all. You'd probably need 4 Holon Circle in a decent stalling deck and cards which can get it into your hand from your deck and discard pile too, then just keep replaying it, repeat stall tactics and hurt them without attacking. I think it would work better in 2vs2 since there's more combos available, but it's still viable in single.

Btw, do we REALLY need comments on the artwork? That really has no influence on the card's review and takes up space if you ask me.

what do u think bout my idea for the card Abhorsen??? houndoom seems to be the key for the card right 2 bad cus ur restricted 2 1 active & 1 bench.... so warp point prone....

n@rUt0-kUn_13 said:
what do u think bout my idea for the card Abhorsen??? houndoom seems to be the key for the card right 2 bad cus ur restricted 2 1 active & 1 bench.... so warp point prone....
You wouldn't be prone to Warp Point because of Houndoom remember ;)

However, I think it's a decent idea, but it's situational. You'd need something that can hurt your opponent's pokemon more than 1 damage counter per turn and can pick at different pokemon instead of just the active. A reason why I mentioned cards like Shiftry ex, Cacturne-d, Crobat ex, etc. If you can pick at your opponent's benched pokemon which are powering up, having some sort of status (Vileplume-d?) on your opponent's active and stop them using Trainers then it would be effective. This is a reason why I like Shiftry ex so much. Have 2 Shiftry ex (1 active) and 1 Houndoom. If they begin using Poke-powers like Smooth Over, Backup, etc then that's 40 damage. Shiftry ex can pick at your opponent's bench for 30, or 50 with counters. That's basically an OHKO on anything which has used a Poke-power. Windstorm and Holon Circle would have to be maxed, Castaway and Scott would be highly useful and when DF is released Old Rod can be used to get Holon Circle back.

Of course this is all good in theory but it would have to be extensively tested and perfected. Alot of things are good in theory and don't work in practice, so you'd have to try it out. I know probably will.

what i mean warp point prone is during setup turns when still houndour, they go after it pronto!... im against the idea of 2 shift ex n houndoom cause the main concept of houndoom is the minimal bench is frm 1-2 period. if u go more than 3 players can just keep on maintaining a 3 bench w/o worrying w/ the body....

A good strategy for holon circle would be: holon circle+ Snorlax d+ golduck d. Snorlax for damage, golduck stops opponent from discarding holon circle.

Please don't revive old threads. Any thread without a reply for 2 weeks is considered dead.

And Golduck δ isn't a full proof way to prevent the stadium from being discarded. His ability only prohibits other stadiums from taking its place, but they can still be destroyed via other abilities (like Tauros (CG)'s Power) or trainer cards like Windstorm. Or, the opponent could just attack...

*GAME OVER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back