• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Holiday Challenge: Lost March

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
My local league is hosting a holiday tournament in a week or so and I'm trying to build a good deck for it. Please help me out. Thanks!

Rules
* 40-card deck only
* 4 prizes
* Only Fire and Grass types are allowed
* Unlimited format

Since I only have one grass deck that I can build( that's not expensive), I thought lost march would be an ok choice.

Deck:
Pokemon-18
4 Hoppip
4 Skiploom
4 Jumpluff
3 Kartana(UNB)
3 Trumbeak

Trainers- 17
2 Cynthia
2 Lillie
1 Guzma
4 Net Ball
4 Great Ball
2 Lost Blender
2 Shrine of Punishment

Energy
5 Grass-Basic

Strategy:
Start with Kartana and deal 130 damage until I take at least one prize and put pokemon in the lost lone to hopefully help Jumpluff win the game.

Note:
These are cards that I have currently have. If you know any card that is strictly better than the ones in the deck, let me know.

Trumbeak isn't grass... not sure if it matters (if it does, maybe do +2 blender and +1 kartana). As for cards that are better, N gives you shuffle draw and disruption, so might be better than either Cynthia or Lillie or you might want all 3. Level ball would grab everything in deck, so that is strictly superior to great ball if you have them.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that there is an exception for typing to multiple copies of a single pokemon but you strictly cannot play any psychic/dark mons

I'm not really on board with N as it gives me low size hand, especially if I want to set up better in the early-game. However, I will take your advice on level ball.

-4 Great Ball
+4 Level ball

What are your thoughts on adding a Shaymin or Tapu Lele for consistency? Thanks!

I just realized why N was a bad idea, derp, sorry about that. Maybe a one of ace trainer makes sense, but don't cut another supporter for it. Colress might be good, but if green's tag team decks are expected maybe not.

Back