• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ho-oh/Terrakion/Mewtwo

gompy89

Aspiring Trainer
----- Pokemon 11 -----

4 Ho-oh EX DEX
3 Mewtwo EX NXD
2 Terrakion NV
2 Bouffalant DEX

----- TSS 33 -----

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
3 Random receiver

4 Ultraball
4 Energy switch
4 Catcher
4 Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Scraper

----- Energy 16 -----

4 DCE
4 Fight
2 Psychic
1 Water
1 Fire
1 Light
1 Metal
1 Dark
1 Grass

Strategy:

Start T1 or T2 mewtwo ex, bouffalant as a 2OHKO EX pokemon. Terrakion as a zekrom/darkrai counter.
Ho-oh as a energy accelarator with energy switch.

Give suggestions

Thanks

Just a few suggestions:

-2 Great Ball; Meh...
-2 Plus Power; Your energy attachment is essentially your Plus Powers.
-1 Bianca
+2 Radom Reciever; With Ho-Oh, I find maximizing Random Recievers means maximizing your odds of getting hitting a Juniper when you have a hand full of energies and Ho-Oh.
+1 Ultra Ball; Better than Great Ball because of the discard. Other than that, no drawbacks (as if discarding a main attacker was a drawback :p)
+1 {G}; With my testing, I've noticed that you need more Basic energy to consistently have energy in your hand to discard via Ultra Ball and Juniper.
+1 {P}

The point of ho oh is that it sets up by T2.
If you put in things like terrakion, it becomes slower.

-2 terrakion

You need minimum 4 ultra balls in this deck to have a better chance of discarding ho oh and even getting ho oh.

+1 ultra ball

You also don't want to run switch in this deck, because all the pokemon that should be in a
ho oh deck have 1 or 2 retreat cost.

-2 switch

Because pokemon in this deck have only 1 or 2 retreat costs, you want to run skyarrow.

+2 skyarrow

Since you want to have a juniper T1, I suggest you run more Random Receiver.

+1 Random Receiver

Great ball really isn't greatin most decks, including this deck, so you shouldn't run it.

-2 great ball

Now, tornadus is pretty good in this deck, so I would reccomend doing this.

+2 tornadus EP,
or,
+2 tornadus EX.

Your deck should still be 60 cards.

changes made, i think bouffalant isnt the best attacker here i would like to switch it but dont know what for, i thought of mew ex because like that it could be a 5th mewtwo or a 4th ho-oh and use retaliate too.

Mora said:
Mew is too weak of an attacker. You could try Tornadus or Tornadus EX.

maybe tornadus since tornadus ex is better with stadium that i dont have space to fill it

Yeah, I personally like Tornadus EP better too, although I've been meaning to play around with Registeel...

-2 boufallant (weak)
+2 tornadus EP

-2 terrakion
+2 tornadus

This deck is good because it is fast.
Terrakion makes it sloooow.
Running both makes many situations better.

Random Numbers said:
-2 boufallant (weak)
+2 tornadus EP

-2 terrakion
+2 tornadus

This deck is good because it is fast.
Terrakion makes it sloooow.
Running both makes many situations better.

yes but with a metagame with lots of zekrom and raikou are they still viable in this deck ?

Back