• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ho-Oh EX / Golduck BREAK

Xezool

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 3 Ho-Oh EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Manaphy EX
  • 2 Psyduck
  • 2 Golduck
  • 2 Golduck BREAK
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Trainer Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
Energy: 13
  • 1 Fire Energy
  • 4 Grass Energy
  • 4 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
Strategy:

Hey guys! So when I saw the new Ho-Oh i thought i had to make a deck with it since i played the old Ho-Oh. I thought of this variant of ho-oh so basically the strategy here is to set up ho-oh as quickly as possible to use elemental feather, This deck will never OHKO on any standard HP ex's like seismitoad, giratina, ETC. the only exs that come to mind in OHKOing is shaymin, manaphy, ETC. So since i play a lot of fairy decks and have since fairys first came out this deck definitely fits my playstyle, with me being able to consistently move around energy and healing myself. I feel like this deck can work really well, let me know what you guys thisnk i should do :D

I play this deck but in my list I run a Smeargle, but recently I've been struggle to build the deck cause like everyone where I play decided to play water decks and fitting the 1-1 of Altaria is causing me headaches, If anyone can help with a list :c ill really apreciate it

A 2-2-2 Line might not be enough to consistently get out your Golduck Breaks. Also you should probably run a back up attacker of some sort Manectric can help Capitalize on the bench damage that ho-oh does also a Jolteon could help as well against toad and night march or Regice to fight Opposing EX decks. to deal with Regice i would try to put in some escape ropes that way you can switch them out and then lysandre back the regice to knock them out. Also if your going to run just one startling megaphone you might want to try just a Xerosic instead its more flexible and works under item lock and reusable with vs seeker. Hope this helps

Back