• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ho-Oh Deck Help?

Kevin Lauro

Aspiring Trainer
I need help making this deck be playable for the next rotation!

Pokemon:13
3 Ho-oh GX
4 Incineroar GX
1 Turtonator GX
2 Volcanion
1 Tapu Lele
1 Victini
1 Shaymin-EX

Trainers:36
4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
2 Guzma
3 Kiawe
1 Hex Maniac
1 Kukui

4 Sky Field
4 Choice Band
2 Float Stone

4 Ultra Ball
3 VS Seeker
2 Acro Bike
2 Field Blower

Energy:11
11 Fire energy

Need to take out Lysandre, Acro Bike, Hex Maniac and Sky Field but not sure what to replace them with.

Here are the changes I would make.

-1 Turtonator GX
-2 Volcanion
-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Lysandre
-1 Hex Maniac
-4 Sky Field
-1 Choice Band
-3 VS Seeker
-2 Acro Bike

+1 Victini
+3 Max Elixir
+1 Guzma
+1 Fire Energy
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Super Rod
+1 Float Stone

I left 7 spots open, and I would fill those with the changes I made in another post. I'm not really an expert on Incineroar GX/Ho Oh GX decks, so I'm not sure if these changes will make this a tier 1 or tier 2 deck, but I think it might make it more competitive. Unfortunately without battle compressor I'm not sure how you put Incineroar GX's in the discard. I would only use Kiawe on Ho Oh GX, and hand setup/Max Elixir the Incineroar GX's. Good luck, and I hope this will help.

Last edited:
Your best option right now would be to discard one using Ultra Ball, pull another, and if you have Professor Sycamore just discard it when you use Professor Sycamore. Other than Ultra Balling away cards and using Professor Sycamore as well I only know one other way to discard some cards like that, and that is Starmie. Here would be the changes I would make.

+2 Staryu
+2 Starmie
+3 Scorched Earth

My other list left you a couple of spots and you would probably have to drop 2-3 more cards. If you put down 1 Starmie line, 1 Victini, then you have space for three incineroar's, or two and a Tapu Lele on the bench, and the Ho Oh in the active. The plan would be to use Starmie's ability to drop Incineroar GX and pick up two energy. Then you can do two things, you can place the energy down, and you can Scorched Earth and draw two cards. This is one idea other than just using Sycamore and Ultra Ball to drop cards, and this will help late game, I hope this was helpful.

Last edited:
Back