• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Hitmon Combo Deck - POST ROTATION

Walter Saunders Jr

The Causal Pokemon Player
Pokémon - 17
* 1 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 1 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 3 Hitmonchan TEU 74
* 2 Hitmonlee TEU 73
* 2 Hitmontop UNB 101
* 1 Slugma LOT 43
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Nihilego LOT 106

Trainer Cards - 32
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 3 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Giovanni's Exile UNB 174
* 2 Martial Arts Dojo UNB 179
* 1 Counter Gain LOT 170
* 3 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Power Plant UNB 183
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 1 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Switch CES 147
* 3 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 3 Bill’s Analysis TEU 133
* 1 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Lillie UPR 125

Energy - 11
* 2 Rainbow Energy CES 151
* 2 Unit Energy {F}{D}{Y} FLI 118
* 7 Fighting Energy 6

Granted this is before the new set comes out and I am a noob at playing this game. Really only have been playing for about two to three months give or take. I really do like this game and I simply play for fun with my pals. With that being said, I and my pals (about 9 of Us) are about to do a small tournament among us. We thought it would be interesting to use Standard Format but the 2020 Rotation Standard. So no Guzma and all that jazz. I would like help/feedback/suggestions on this list I have cooked up. Thank you for all the advice and all that jazz in advance.

Have you tested it yet? With magcargo, you probably want either pokemon based draw like zebstrika, or plenty of deck thinning draw cards like judge whistle, acro bike, and pokenav. There's a lot of trainer finding in your build, but what you need to replace all the lost ball search cards is pokemon finding. I'd increase fan club, and definitely play a 4th poke comm, and again, pokenav can help a little. I'd also max cynthia and lillie, because you need a couple of cards each turn and seeing lots of cards is the best way to do that.

With the new spoilers, I believe you'll want Professor Oak now, to fetch you supports and whatever Hitmon is missing. I'd go with 3, since setup plays a huge part in your strategy. Also max Lillie (and Cynthia, why not?), for the same purpose, since you can't afford to brick.

You also need something to take hits after Hit & Run, so you don't just give up prizes or an important Pokémon for the sake of strategy. I suggest Goomy, it's probably the safest 1-prize, 1-retreat defender.

Yeah, goomy could work, or baby ninetales if you expect a lot of GX matchups. Best thing to retreat into pre rotation is marshadow, as you can constantly see a few more cards and mess up your opponent's hand almost every turn. And if not, you can just leave chan active. No option as good as let loose spam, unfortunately, with your post rotation only requirement.

Back