Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
Cards still state their regional forms, Galarian Mr Rime for example
Wyrdeer and Klevor are the same as Scizor, Togekiss, or any eeveelution past gen 1. They are a branch evolution from an existing pokemon. We havent seen one in 8-9 years and even then it was sylveon.

It makes sense that they would make this move instead of making hisuian sneasles and ursarings since sinnoh is known for doing this in the og games with mons like yanmega, probopass, and roserade.

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
Obstagoon and Sirfetchd were also labeled galatians though. So he's got a point.

Personal theory is that they won't be printing cards where the "Hisuian" keyword will matter, unlike for Alolan, or to a lesser extent Galarian pokemon.
They arent hisuian, they evolve from kanto scyther and johto stantler into completely new pokemon. It's a new species not a variant. That would imply that there's a kantonian Klevor or a johtonian Wyrdeer.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
That Kleavor alt is so cool.
At first I didn't like Kleavor in general,than playing the game has rapidly changed my mind.He's cool.

LightYearLiam

It's great to have a BASIC Pokemon that's immune to V's. All V-immune Pokemon this generation have been Evolutions.

control

Aspiring Trainer
They arent hisuian, they evolve from kanto scyther and johto stantler into completely new pokemon. It's a new species not a variant. That would imply that there's a kantonian Klevor or a johtonian Wyrdeer.

It evolves from a Regional Form though, which Wyrdeer and Kleavor don't

I could see the Full Art (and possibly Alt Art) V cards being in the 11 spots, so that maybe the first 3 after Kleavor are CHRs and the remaining 8 are Full Art cards
Galarian Mr. Rime comes from the same Mime Jr. that the regular Mr. Mime does. That's pretty much the only counterexample left :p

Nyora

A Cat
Will Ursaring be the middle stage evo with the highest HP? Also, I'm wondering what Ursaluna's own HP will be, knowing Ursaring has like 140. Will it finally breach the 200 HP mark for non-wailord single prizers?

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Galarian Mr. Rime comes from the same Mime Jr. that the regular Mr. Mime does. That's pretty much the only counterexample left :p
It evolves from Galarian Mr. Mime though, it doesn't evolve directly from Mime Jr.
Really people, it's not that hard to understand. They are new evolutions to old pokémon, just like we've had tons of times before.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Kleavor and Wyrdeer not having the Hisuian label is what I expected since they're just old fashioned cross-gen evos. I'm mostly curious if they're gonna call White Striped Basculin "Hisuian Basculin" and as a result its evo would be called "Hisuian Basculegion."

Also, is the Pokedex flavor text from PLA? Kinda interesting due to how differently they're written compared to other Dex entries in the series. I feel they should add quotation marks around them to reflect how they're written from Laventon's perspective.

Last edited:

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
When was the last Blastoise card lol

Must be in the SM era if you take out the V&VMAX promos.
i mean, of all the starter trios gen 1 is the only trio consistently getting cards outside their generation, the last chesnaught card was Xy, same with Serperior...

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I already thought we were eating well this year with the current roster of CHR/CSR that have been shown, but this just goes to show this will be a stellar one assuming we receive all of them. At least the company knows to produce cards that collectors will be setting their wallets on fire to obtain.

control

Aspiring Trainer
It evolves from Galarian Mr. Mime though, it doesn't evolve directly from Mime Jr.
Really people, it's not that hard to understand. They are new evolutions to old pokémon, just like we've had tons of times before.
Except none (till now) in Gens 5-8, except Sylveon. Stuff like Sirfetched and Mr . Rime should've been new evolutions to old pokemon like you say instead of regional variants, or at the very least have both formes. It's not that people are confused, but rather it's a result of poor planning.

Marcia Demme

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope we get Hisuian Qwilfish and Overqwil in this set. They're both so perfect. I want to make a deck so badly with them. I hope in this set or down the road Overqwil gets a VStar as well.

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
i mean, of all the starter trios gen 1 is the only trio consistently getting cards outside their generation, the last chesnaught card was Xy, same with Serperior...
Lol and as if it wasn't bad enough, every starter has gotten at least 1 ultra rare, except Unovan Samurott. We didnt even get emboar ex till XY for some reason

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
Also Baby pokemon don't count for this tbh. G Mime is a basic and you cant evolve it from jr. The only babies that evolve (Not counting gen 2 and 4 tcg because its outdated) are togepi, riolu, and toxel.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Will Ursaring be the middle stage evo with the highest HP? Also, I'm wondering what Ursaluna's own HP will be, knowing Ursaring has like 140. Will it finally breach the 200 HP mark for non-wailord single prizers?

Now that Ursaring is a middle evo, they will likely start printing them with like 110-120HP. Ursaluna could potentially break the 200HP mark, it should 180 at the very least.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I was never a huge fan of Kleavor based on its official art and the model used in-game, but seeing the card artwork has changed my mind a bit. I can’t deny there’s something pretty cool about it.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly I wish they do single prize cards for all the forms that were revealed and Vs or Vstars for forms that weren't revealed officially. That would make up for them having like significantly less spotlight

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah you're probably right and I hate it
Why not 190?

Scyther/Kleavor - too gimmicky, and it's not gonna be reliable most of the time. 3/3 Geodudes
Stantler/Wyrdeer - same thing as Alolan Sandslash and Sawsbuck. Never saw play at all. So why do expect more on this thing? 3/3-4
Combee/Vespiquen - Honey supporter doesn't count and might be translated the item card as "Sweet Honey". The card alone. We need valid draw cards that can keep those Sweet Honey cards. 240 for G, enough to KO Pokemon V. 3/4
Miltank - the atk sucks, don't mind it. The immunity from Vs is what people should keep an eye on. 4
Virizion V - Virizion EX but has a bad atk. I don't count Choice Belt here. What I am referring is raw damage. 3-4
Kamado - who plays Peony? Also, what's the point of this card? 3 Geodudes