Darkraidesktop.png

Groundondesktop.png

Dragondesktop.png

Beachdesktop.png

EthanandZakkbackground.png

Ronsbackground.png

Silverbackground.png

what you think more will be added

your banners look decent the images dont exactly fit the banner though (ex. your marth, link, ikke one)

yea I agree not one of my best ones but I'm getting use to messing with pics other than Pokemon

Hiro said:
my images I either get from photobucket or use from another site
My mistake... I meant to say "banners." I tend to use the word "image" as a catch-all for resources and final creations. >.>

I see that you use both Aragonbird (Arkies.com) & Blue Ace (a member of SPPF) works, I also use their works as I think it the best "fan art" for them.
I also use PearlEden from devianArt.com.

sacred_guyver said:
Hiro said:
my images I either get from photobucket or use from another site
My mistake... I meant to say "banners." I tend to use the word "image" as a catch-all for resources and final creations. >.>
ah well in that case I use a software called GIMP

Hiro said:
ah well in that case I use a software called GIMP

Good, then you'll understand what I'm about to say XD

--On the background you made with Darkrai, have you thought about putting another layer on top of it with a normal Darkrai image? Make sure they line up perfectly and either Screen the new layer or lower the opacity on it. That way the effect still comes through from behind the normal Darkrai, but it doesn't look weird.

Well, to me it looks weird, I'm not sure about everyone else >.>

--Also, have you tried making the subjects seem more "natural?" It looks like the pokemon or other characters are just laying on top of the background instead of being part of the image.

--As far as the banner size, are all your banners that size (500x160)? If so, that's good from a consistency point of view. Seeing as how they aren't that tall, have you given any thought to zooming in on the characters? For example, on your "Link Protector of the Triforce" image, instead of zooming the characters out to fit the entire person in the image, what about enlarging them so you can see from the waist up, which will help you see their faces easier.

--If it isn't obvious yet, I like to create banners/images and use GIMP to do it. Sometimes, I don't take my own advice, especially in some earlier creations, see if you can spot the difference! XD

--If you want to see some of my images for ideas, you can check them out here: Banners and Large Artwork

ah ok well could you help me out I mean I'm alright and yes I make all my banners the same size and I dont get what your trying to say about the zomming thing

and
Bump*-new art added

Here's an example of what I was talking about.

The first image follows the basic idea I got about your banners. The second image zooms in and lets the viewer see the character's face and there's room for a good sized font and the logo for the game.

First Image:
TR_demo1.png

Second Image:
TR_demo2.png

With some practice, it won't be hard to do images like what I linked to earlier.

Here's a Trainer card I made for myself a while back when I had a DS and Pearl and a banner I made for someone on another forum.
My_Trainer_Card.gif

DNaraku_sig1-1.jpg

Brushes, Tutorials, C4Ds, and renders are all good things to find on the internet. Here's a few links to help you get started:

Tutorials:
GIMPTalk.com

Brushes:
Project GIMP Brush conversion

C4Ds and Renders:
Planet Renders (Requires free registration)
Game Renders (Requires free registration)

Glad I could help. What's fun is that what you learn from tutorials can be used on any size image, not just what they showed.

sacred_guyver said:
Here's an example of what I was talking about.

The first image follows the basic idea I got about your banners. The second image zooms in and lets the viewer see the character's face and there's room for a good sized font and the logo for the game.

First Image:
TR_demo1.png

Second Image:
TR_demo2.png

With some practice, it won't be hard to do images like what I linked to earlier.

Here's a Trainer card I made for myself a while back when I had a DS and Pearl and a banner I made for someone on another forum.
My_Trainer_Card.gif

DNaraku_sig1-1.jpg

Brushes, Tutorials, C4Ds, and renders are all good things to find on the internet. Here's a few links to help you get started:

Tutorials:
GIMPTalk.com

Brushes:
Project GIMP Brush conversion

C4Ds and Renders:
Planet Renders (Requires free registration)
Game Renders (Requires free registration)

Like what Hiro said: Thanks for the help.

Back