'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Please be ultra shiny. Give me something to want to collect again, Pokemon. It's been almost two years.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
The set will be remix plus odds n eendd of cards we dont have. It wont have the shiny gx set. It would bring back cards that have rotated. And i dont think they would put a stamps on cards from packs

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Can't wait for the fisticuffs that ensue when the shiny full art Charizard is confirmed and every collector hoping to flip them is sending them in to try for PSA 10s.

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Those shinies are nice. I wish this type of shiny is used in the future instead of the relatively bland monochrome ultra secret rares that have been used for a while.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Also we still don't have any idea what Remix Bout entails (and it's mini-set sized), and based on the last 15 years of tradition it's unlikely we're getting Swish base set in November. So I choose to believe this will be Ultra Shiny until the crushing disappointment is confirmed.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
This yearly set may have a section similar to the Radiant Collections in Legendary Treasures and Generations; if the Ultra Shiny and Remix Bout sets were to be integrated into Hidden Fates. With the shiny GXs and shiny pokemon being there. Which the set will probably be a combination of both of those special Japanese sets in my opinion.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
If it includes shiny pokemon, I'd honestly anticipate: in-set shinies are ones that don't rotate (B [and new C?] block shinies) and alternate art promos of A block shinies to keep them rotating in boxes like we got with Shining Legends and Dragon Majesty.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Crossing fingers for Ultra Shiny to be in Hidden Fates....Also hopefully the Mew and Mewtwo pins will be different from the ones from the Shining Legends sets, they will go great on my work vest

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Maybe we get secret rare stadiums in this set!?

Like seriously, why are they hiding it for us in the west :<

I seriously doubt it. Putting the SR stadiums in the pack would leave them in the format way longer than they’re supposed to remain, unless TPCi wants to do that. Also, there not gonna put Yellow A’s in packs, so they’ll probably come in a separate problem if we do get them.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
83 shiny Pokémon, 7 gold cards from GX Ultra Shiny.
Several full art supporters and stadiums from various sets.
Some promos.
Some cards from "Remix Bout"

You already mentioned some advantages and disadvantages about having that in "Hidden Fates".
It's still not the best, but I would go for putting the shiny Pokémon, gold cards, "Remix Bout" cards and promos in "Hidden Fates", and the FAs in a collection box for collectors as A cards.

But if you make 10 collection boxes with 2-4 boosters and have that many secret rare cards to collect, at normal ratios, you'd need to buy 100s of boxes, that's not only a lot of money, but also so much waste (plastic, cardboard, packaging, extra fuel spent on shipping etc.). When the Generations boxes came out the trend started and people bought stacks of boxes just to complete the set and it has not become much better since then. Even the card stores throw away the boxes to sell booster individually.

It might not be the best way to make money for the Pokémon company, but the best would be to just make a booster box (can be less than 36 packs, less than 10 cards per booster and more expensive) with a shiny card in every pack.