• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help with Outragers Deck (Reshiram / Zekrom / Kyurem)

Colddy

Aspiring Trainer
Hello again, it's me trying a new kind of competitive deck! Haha!

I need ideas to this deck. I'll post the cards I have and think will be a good option to the deck rather than the consistent list.

If I'm doing this thread wrong, please advise me.

Pokemon:

• 2 Reshiram
    3 Zekrom
    1 Kyurem
    1 Seismitoad-EX
    1 Excadrill-EX
    2-2 Dugtrio [XY]
    2 Landorus [LTR]
    2-?-2 Dusknoir [FLF]
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Korrina
    4 Muscle Band
    ? Fighting Stadium
    ? Ultra Ball
Energy:

• 4 Strong Energy
    ? Raibow Energy
    ? Double Colorless Energy
    ? Fighting Energy
    ? Water Energy

Strategy:

I have a lot of possibilities.

First, using Fighting Pokémon. Hit the benched Outragers Dragons with Excadrill-EX, Dugtrio or Landorus, I'll list the characteristics of each:

• Excadrill-EX can hit 180 with 2 Strong Energies + Muscle Band

Dugtrio uses 1 energy to do 60 damage + 10 to bench, with Muscle Band + Strong Energy + Fighting Stadium can hit 120 just for a cheap price.

Landorus does 80 damage to the active pokémon and 10 to ALL benched pokémon, also can have a little hand with Muscle Band, Strong Energies and Fighting Stadium.

Other option is Seismitoad-EX, it can hit my bench as well. Maybe it could has a better sinergy with Half-art Whiscash from Primal Clash, since I can focus on Water Energy and also use Kyurem's Glaciate attack.

And we have Dusknoir to clean damage if need (maybe change to Fresh Water Set from Primal Clash).

So guys, may you help me?

PS: As I stated up there, the list is not all cards I'll be using, just cards I think can be useful.
PS2: I only have 1 Kyurem and no Kyurem-EX from Plasma Blast.

RE: Help with Outragers Deck (Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem)

A very good deck idea Colddy!
Firstly, here are some cards that I suggest NOT putting in:
Excadrill-EX --> 4 energy is pretty hefty for an EX! Fighting type EXs such as Lucario or Landorus would be much better, although are expensive. It may even be worth not using any EXs in the first place!
Duskinoir --> The Dusknoir will definitely make your deck too bulky. Not worth putting in.
Landorus --> Not worth putting in for the attack. Landorus from FuF is a better option as it damages + puts an energy card from your discard to you Pokemon.
Rainbow Energy --> Too much special energy. Anyway, you'll rarely need it.
Seismitoad-EX --> Not worth using just for it's most powerful attack. However, using it for its first attack is definitely worth it!
Water Energy --> You won't need it for Seismitoad even if you include it.

My suggestions:
Meinshao FuF --> Using Aero Turn + Fighting Energy + Band allows you to do 80 damage and return the card to your hand, effectively healing it. You then put out a Dragon to stack up some more outrage damage. Also easy card to find - one of the FuF theme decks (Dark Hammer) contains it!
Sigilyph LT --> This works really well to wall any EXs if you include Meinshao.
Float Stone --> If you use Meinshao, use this on Sigilyph or Outragers for free retreat into either Meinshao or Dugtrio!

Here's my deck suggestion for a Dugtrio/Outrage/Meinshao (assuming you have all of the cards, of cause):

Pokémon: 16
  • 2 Diglett PLS
  • 2 Dugtrio PLS
  • 4 Meinfoo
  • 3 Meinshao
  • 1 Reshiram LT
  • 2 Zekrom LT
  • 1 Kyurem LT
  • 1 Sigilyph LT
Trainers: 33
  • 4 N
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 11
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 4 Fighting
  • 3 DCE

Thanks for the post bbninjas. Actually I have Lucario-EX, however I'm aiming to do not transform this in a generic Lucario/Fighting deck and to a more budget deck, using cards I already own. The only card I would buy is Kyurem-EX from Plasma Blast, although it is near impossible to find in my country and there are no qualified sellers on ebay shipping to here.

I think I have a few mienshaos and all other cards you suggested except for N and Computer Search. I like to use Shauna as a replacement for N. Works pretty well!

Frozen City and Raimbows is pretty good in this deck IMO. Raimbow+Frozen City+ Silver Bangle= Big Outrage :p
If you doesnt get OHKO, you can move damage(w dusknoir) to active and get bigger outrage

My list should look like this
3 Reshiram
3 Zekrom
3 Kyurem
2-2-2 Dusknoir FF
(1 Jirachi EX)

4 Frozen City

4 Raimbow
4 DCE
4 Basic

Dusknoir FF moves damage counters to itself, meaning your strategy wouldn't work.

I have tested this deck with the most advices from bbninjas, except I used Landorus (both FUF and LTR) and yes, they are pretty useless to this deck, Gaia Hammer had its funny side spreading damages everywhere, but it was too slow to build.

I felt a little uncomfortable with the energy flow in the hand. Most of time I come up with 2 or 3 Strong Energies in hand, the Mienshao/Landorus with Basic Fighting Energy on the field and when the time comes to use outragers there's no Basic nor DCE energy to attach from hand. I have minimized this adding 3 more Fighting Energies.

Also, I put Escape Rope instead of Switch, so I could choose the better attacker to te new opponent's active pokémon.

You'll need 4 Special Fighting Energy to do decent damage onto the opponent. Also, you really should be putting the Special on Meinshao, Dugtrio and Landorus. If anything, DCE is not really worthwhile as only your outragers use it.

Escape Rope does not let you choose your opponent's new active Pokemon. Your opponent chooses who to put out. Switch is better in this situation.

bbninjas said:
You'll need 4 Special Fighting Energy to do decent damage onto the opponent. Also, you really should be putting the Special on Meinshao, Dugtrio and Landorus. If anything, DCE is not really worthwhile as only your outragers use it.

Escape Rope does not let you choose your opponent's new active Pokemon. Your opponent chooses who to put out. Switch is better in this situation.

I'm saying about the situations I faced playing with this deck. I had to put Basic Energy in Mienshao because was the only energy in hand, later I had had Special Fighting energy in hand, Mienshao with basic energy on the field and no DCE to attach on Outragers.

Ando what I said is I choose MY attacker after my opponent's switched its active pokémon, I know how Escape Rope works.

Seismitoad-EX was good to the deck (as it is to all decks) since I'm relying on DCE, but I would love to have Kyurem-EX =[

Well, I'll uptade the first post with the deck I used.

Back