• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help With First Garchomp/Altaria Deck

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I am new to Pokemon TCG and TCG in general, mostly because i never had anyone to play with my whole life, even though i always bought some cards.
I started to build a deck some time ago, because i'm attending university at the moment, and there are some places to play that are also selling pokemon cards.

I chose Gartaria (fluffchomp), because it seemed strong offensively ( lacking defense, i know ), and because of the average price not being too high. I would like some advice on the my deck list, to know what and what not to buy.

4-3-4 Garchomp
4-3 Altaria
2 Emolga
1 Terrakion EX

4 Juniper
3 N
3 Cheren

4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Switch
1 Super Rod
2 Tool Scrappers
3 Level Balls
2 Energy Search

1 Max Potion
3 Rare Candy

8 Fighting Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM

RE: First deck help

-1 Terrakion

-1 Max Potion

-2 Energy Search

+1 Level Ball

+1 N

+2 Energy Switch

Those are just some preliminary ideas. If you want to run a Terrakion, don't run Terrakion EX, just run the regular one. The energy Search in this deck don't really help, just run energy switch so you can try to stay attacking as much as possible. Since Gartaria is such a frail deck, Max Potion can be dropped for something more useful like another Level Ball for consistency, or another N for late game disruption. You might want to try and find room for Computer Search too.

Hope that helped a little!

Thanks Wishwreath !

I changed the list a bit, based on your suggestions:

21 pokemon
4-3-4 Garchomp
4-3 Swablu
2 Emolga
1 Terrakion

10 Supporter
3 Cheren
3 Juniper
4 N

17 Items
3 Level Ball
2 Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Energy Switch
1 Super Rod
3 Rare Candy

12 Energy
8 Fight
4 Blend WLFM

You're right about the energy search, the chance of not getting one fighting energy in my hand are too low for that, will go for energy switch instead.
I like the max potion because of those 2HKo that it can give me, i will keep it... computer search is expensive, and the catcher's alone are already a big economic burden.. With gabite and emolga i feel like 3 lvl balls are enough (and that way i can keep the max eheh). I'll keep terrakion mainly because of darkrai and revenge killing..

thanks for the reply hammer time !
As soon as i get landorus ex i will put him on the deck (expensive card), would you say terrakion fills the role?

@Warizon It will but normal terrakion is better than terrakion EX, but overall landorus ex is the best choice

I see, then I'll get a normal Terrakion as a replacement for Landorus EX, and try my luck on boosters :)
Thanks !

I actually like terrakion more than landorus. Landorus is good but with fighting types, splashability is what you need. Hammerhead is good early game, but for mid to late game nothing beats the big bull. I do typically run landorus with terrakion though. I just use terrakion more.

Back