Help with Depression...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCGDeoxys

I'm made of DNA, just like you are!
I need help.....now.

It started when a girl from my school blew a kiss to me, and I figured she was flirting with me. Next day, she asks me out. I say yes, me being single. We go to the mall, and I get her some earrings. She hugs me. Next day, she dumps me because she was dared to go out with me. This had made me very depressed, so I ask some of my elementary friends. They don't believe me, and one blocks me on skype. I tell them all to get out of my life, and to never expect to hear from me again.

I guess I learned that middle school relationships don't last, but I am really, really depressed. I refuse to talk, and I spend most of my time on my bed. My current friends have tried to help, but to no avail. I need help...now.

That's pretty low, but people get better as you get older, and you don't have to put up with as much bs from them. Relationships in middle school are a joke any ways. Trust me when I say that you're not missing much. But it sounds like what's really got you upset is that someone dared her to go out with you, as if that's supposed to be some sort of challenge. I don't know, maybe that's got you thinking that maybe there's something wrong with you. I wouldn't worry what she or anyone else thinks of you. She's obviously a loser if she thinks that that kind of thing is okay, so who care about her opinion anyways, right? You've got to remember that you're still a kid. You've got plenty of time to become who you want to be. Just keep doing what you've been doing; that's my advice to anyone who's going through a hard time.

Oh, and if you're heartbroken or anything like that, you're going to have so many better girlfriends one day that you're not even going to care about this one. Trust me; it's going to be great :p

My qualifications: I have depression

The only thing that worked for me was getting out of my bed and doing stuff. Go join a TCG league or a sports team. Or vocalize your love for video games because you might find friends to hang out with. Alternatively, just go outside and walk around. Therapy doesn't work most of the time and is totally dependent on getting the right guy. Medication helps but it requires a referral so it's not a guarantee. Talking may help as well, but it's all about finding the right people. My parents are very condescending about my struggle and so talking with them only makes it worse.

Getting out of your bed is the hardest part but it's honestly all you need to do.

Are you depressed, or heartbroken? That's a fundamental distinction you should make to get help; depression is a mental condition, and it is chronic (I'm simplifying the issue here). Were you always apathetic and melancholic, even before this girl? if so, you should probably talk to your parents, maybe get some counselling.

If you weren't, you're just heartbroken, darling! it happens to all of us, and as mora said, it will get better; you said your friends tried to help you, and I don't see much we can do for you that they can't do a hundred times better; but you must let them help you. Talk to them, or just let them be with you while you move past the disappointment of having been crudely used by this girl. Kids can be very cruel, and I'm sorry this happened to you, it's an awful situation to be in, but I assure you that if you don't dwell on this too much, as long as you weren't like this before, this will pass, even if it doesn't seem it will right now.

But if you're chronically depressed, seek help; not here, but with your family, friends and a professional. There are a lot of misconceptions, and the word is thrown around a lot to mean "sad"; that's not depression, that's just normal human emotion.

Are you depressed, or heartbroken? That's a fundamental distinction you should make to get help; depression is a mental condition, and it is chronic (I'm simplifying the issue here). Were you always apathetic and melancholic, even before this girl? if so, you should probably talk to your parents, maybe get some counselling.

If you weren't, you're just heartbroken, darling! it happens to all of us, and as mora said, it will get better; you said your friends tried to help you, and I don't see much we can do for you that they can't do a hundred times better; but you must let them help you. Talk to them, or just let them be with you while you move past the disappointment of having been crudely used by this girl. Kids can be very cruel, and I'm sorry this happened to you, it's an awful situation to be in, but I assure you that if you don't dwell on this too much, as long as you weren't like this before, this will pass, even if it doesn't seem it will right now.

But if you're chronically depressed, seek help; not here, but with your family, friends and a professional. There are a lot of misconceptions, and the word is thrown around a lot to mean "sad"; that's not depression, that's just normal human emotion.
Thank you, I think I am over this.

It's normal to be a bit down if you feel screwed over. But clinical depression tends to last long beyond the trigger/cause (if there even is one). If you think that you have depression it's good to talk to someone about it and possibly see a doctor/GP.

Just remember that what works for one may not work for you. So don't give up if what you try is not working. There is always another choice.

oh wow, you've been dumped for the first time, haven't you?

but don't worry, it gets better! later you'll find out you've become nicely equipped for spotting the bad ones so you could focus on the good ones, and that while your friends may ditch you, the ones who matter will stick around no matter what and you will always find new ones if you bother looking

but you gotta have to get over that heartache, or it'll be like those "souls"-type games where you get stuck to that one boss fight and never get out of it for months or even years...

As someone who is 30 years old I highly suggest do not be depressed about it. Most people don't find the person they marry until College. Being that said don't be cought up in the need for a girlfriend. I understand it feels good to have someone "like you" but in reality what more is it then friendship. It's not like it's gonna turn anything big anytime soon.

It started when a girl from my school blew a kiss to me, and I figured she was flirting with me. Next day, she asks me out. I say yes, me being single. We go to the mall, and I get her some earrings. She hugs me. Next day, she dumps me because she was dared to go out with me.

If someone treats you like trash, it says a lot more about that person than it does you.

Happy people do not hurt one another.

I am glad you are over this. :)

EDIT: Huh, I guess this thread was necro'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back