Discussion Help with a Decklist for Trevenant Break

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
Trying to make a deck for IN regionals and its expanded,which I am only used to playing standard but due to it being close Id like to play. Ive heard that trevenant break is good and since I have enough of the evolution line already I was curious is somebody could share a competitive deck build of a trevnant break deck. Thanks for your help!

I currently use this one in expanded. It could definitely use a little work as I haven't changed it in a while, but it's definitely a decent starting point for a very strong and competitive deck. You could make some simple changes such as taking out Lele for Shaymin, Choice Band for Muscle Band, Super Rod for Rescue Stretcher, etc. Maybe someone else here could suggest some edits?

Pokémon - 15

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 4 Phantump BKP 64
* 4 Trevenant XY 55
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 N DEX 96
* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 AZ PHF 91
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 8

* 5 Psychic Energy GEN 79
* 3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Necrozma makes this deco super good put in some DCE's and lele becomes a good attackers as well. Just prepare for people to hate you and to be called out for a deck that requires no skill to win with

Thanks for the build, looks great, def want to play it. Do you think Guzma or Lysandre will play better for the deck?

Thanks for the build, looks great, def want to play it. Do you think Guzma or Lysandre will play better for the deck?
If you're playing expanded, I'd say Lysandre. You have Float Stones as well as Mystery Energy to help with any switching.

I currently use this one in expanded. It could definitely use a little work as I haven't changed it in a while, but it's definitely a decent starting point for a very strong and competitive deck. You could make some simple changes such as taking out Lele for Shaymin, Choice Band for Muscle Band, Super Rod for Rescue Stretcher, etc. Maybe someone else here could suggest some edits?

Pokémon - 15

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 4 Phantump BKP 64
* 4 Trevenant XY 55
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 N DEX 96
* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 AZ PHF 91
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 8

* 5 Psychic Energy GEN 79
* 3 Mystery Energy PHF 112
Awesome list! What would you suggest as a substitute for Shaymin and Tapu Lele (Pokemon or Trainers)?

If you're playing expanded, I'd say Lysandre. You have Float Stones as well as Mystery Energy to help with any switching.
Great, also i was curious, does choice band work with attacks like trevenant break that distributes damage counters instead of damage.
Also, what have been the matchups to be weary of with this deck?

Last edited:
Great, also i was curious, does choice band work with attacks like trevenant break that distributes damage counters instead of damage.
Also, what have been the matchups to be weary of with this deck?
Sadly, it doesn't :( Anything adding base attack damage such as Professor Kukui, Choice Band, Muscle Band etc. do not apply to the silent fear attack, because it has no base attack number and is raither placing damage counters! (You can see the difference with the Tapu Koko promo, choice band increases the damage done to the active because it has base attack damage).

Hopefully that clears things up for you! Matchups that don't go to well in your favour are things such as Darkrai and Zoroark, simply because of weakness. I'm not too fond of Volcanion either as they can OHKO your Trev BREAKS with a single steamup, and you regular Trev's with no steamup. I've also faced Tapu Koko GX in expanded, it was pretty annoying having all the spread damage counters being scooped up with AZ and SSU.

The main gimmick of this deck (and the most enjoyable part, in my opinion lol) is, getting a first turn Phantump, and then use Wally for Trev, getting a turn 1 itemlock with only 2 cards! It's satisfying asf.

Sadly, it doesn't :( Anything adding base attack damage such as Professor Kukui, Choice Band, Muscle Band etc. do not apply to the silent fear attack, because it has no base attack number and is raither placing damage counters! (You can see the difference with the Tapu Koko promo, choice band increases the damage done to the active because it has base attack damage).

Hopefully that clears things up for you! Matchups that don't go to well in your favour are things such as Darkrai and Zoroark, simply because of weakness. I'm not too fond of Volcanion either as they can OHKO your Trev BREAKS with a single steamup, and you regular Trev's with no steamup. I've also faced Tapu Koko GX in expanded, it was pretty annoying having all the spread damage counters being scooped up with AZ and SSU.

The main gimmick of this deck (and the most enjoyable part, in my opinion lol) is, getting a first turn Phantump, and then use Wally for Trev, getting a turn 1 itemlock with only 2 cards! It's satisfying asf.
Great..thanks for the clarification.. tea been watching videos online of games and def excited to play it, bought the trvenants online so just waiting til they come in.

Last edited:
Ive been trying 3 Trevenant 55/146 and 1 Trevennat SM1 and the one Poltergeist Trevenat has helped out, especially going agaisnt dark decks you dont have the weakness on the one break and its attack could OHKO once youve item locked them for a while. Any thought on any burning shadow cards tht might make the list?

Back