Media Help recovering deleted files on Mac Air

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
So a few days ago, my computer told me it had run out of application memory and required me to shut down any applications I wasn't using. So I did that, closing out of my notes application. A few days later, I go to open it back up again to check something, and...

gone. No notes. None at all. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is, as I had a lot of important things saved on notes that I really do need back.

I have tried Time Machine, I found one of the pages (The least important one), one that was a sentence of completely random characters, and a third that was several thousand Chinese characters.

I don't know what to do, if someone does please, please reply.

Thank you in advance.

Hm... This seems like quite a predicament...

I'm not the best at figuring out (Cr)Apple products, but it seems that one of two things happened:

1. The files are corrupted and you're screwed. This seems like the most likely problem as Apple will usually delete (what they believe to be, thanks to its broken Spyware protection) corrupted files anyways to "save" your computer. If this is the case, then there's no chance of getting those notes back.

2. They're lost in Cyberspace (Aka; your system files). There's a way you can check to see if your notes are still there. If you check your applications folder in the Macintosh HD, (not that hard to find, but you need to be an admin of the laptop in order to see the contents) and check the application contents. (Right click in the app) If the contents aren't in there, refer to response 1.

If you want my recommendation, get a Windows laptop that doesn't delete files without your confirmation, or just use BootCamp or something like that to run Windows off your MacBook. OS Seirra is so unreliable at this point that it's not even funny. But that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back