Help Help needed---Greninja Break

Lionblaze

Aspiring Trainer
  • Love playing a Greninja deck, but have a lot of trouble facing three particular decks:
  • Buzzwole/Lycanroc
  • Golisopod/Zoroark
  • Golisopod/Garbardor
  • Is there anything I can tech in to make the matchups more favorable? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • What are the main points to watch out for? (Core strategy/mindset)
  • Any advice is appreciated! :))
  • P.S. I am currently running an Micheal Long archetype without Espeon, Tapu Lele, and Lille
  • P.P.S. With the Ultra Prism release adding Cynthia&Cyrus what should I take out?

Due to weakness, Golispod is a real up hill battle for Greninja. It can take OHKOs on turn two, when Greninja requires at least three turns to really get rolling. Throw in Garb's ability lock, and I can't think of much you can do against Golispod.

Buzzroc is also going to be tough due to early game pressure. It can spread damage to weaken several pre-ninjas, putting them in KO range for Buzzwole or Lycanroc. Regirock EX and Strong Energy can also put them in OHKO range. Try to trap unpowered pokemon in the active spot and use water shurikens to pick off higher threats. Greninja is tight on space, but Mew EX MIGHT be a decent tech for Buzzwole.

Golisopod is basically an auto-loss unless you get lucky. Not much you can do except play extremely well and pray to Arceus.

To beat all these decks rely on the late game power of N and ability lock also Espeon helps all these match ups a few shurikan and a banded shadow stitching can allow you to take 3 or 4 prizes at once. If they don't see it coming you could potentially wipe your opponents board with Espeon and Cyrus combo

Back