HELP KIDS WITH EPILEPSY!!!!!!!

ShadowSong

Never giving up
Amy Lee, lead singer of the band Evanescence, has started a campaign to help find a cure for epilepsy.

Understanding Epilepsy:

The brain is the computer that runs our body, and like computers, our brains run on electricity. The electricity is produced by the cells that make up the brain. These cells (called neurons) produce just enough power for us to know what is going on around us and for us to do and think what we want. In some people, the neurons produce a power surge or unexpected burst of excess electricity. This sudden electrical burst overloads the brain and briefly interferes in how it works. When this happens, the person experiences a seizure. If it happens more than once the person is diagnosed as having epilepsy.

The electrical burst can happen in just a part of the brain or it can cover the entire brain. If only part of the brain is involved, the person has a ?partial seizure? ? the part of the brain that is overwhelmed can?t function as it normally does, so the person might not be able to talk for a few moments or they might have a sudden arm or leg jerk. If the seizure affects the whole brain, then the person?s muscles will tense up and they may fall to the floor and convulse. This is what many people think about when they think epileptic seizure.

In all, about one percent of the United States population has epilepsy ? roughly 2.8 million people. And, every year, 200,000 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed in America. The cause of seizures is usually not known. Sometimes it is inherited. Sometimes it is due to a head injury or a brain defect like a tumor. Most times the cause is a mystery. But, one thing is absolutely certain: You CANNOT catch epilepsy from someone else.

Anyone can develop epilepsy at any time. Again, we don?t always know why. Sometimes people who have seizures when they are young grow out of them. Sometimes they start happening when you get older.

Epilepsy is treatable and seizures in many cases are controllable. Most times, epilepsy is controlled through medication. Other forms of treatment include a special diet (mostly for kids) or a kind of epilepsy ?pacemaker? implanted in the chest to sends signals to help the brain regulate its electrical signals. For some, though, their seizures are resistant to everything else but brain surgery.

Controlling seizures through medical means is certainly very important, but someone is epilepsy has other challenges in their lives that may stop them from coming out of the shadows. These challenges are where we come in. We can help make their lives easier, and that?s mostly what this website is all about.

Your generosity...

*improves quality of life for people with epilepsy ? children, teens and adults who can?t enjoy what most of us take for granted;

*educates the public to eliminate misunderstanding, judgment and rejection, and helps people with epilepsy and their loved ones cope with its challenges;

*empowers advocacy for affordable health care and protection of civil rights for people with epilepsy;

*and funds medical and scientific research towards prevention and a cure.

Go to this link and put the banner in my sig into your sig. Please.
http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9728

Please help spread the word of this campaign, and even donate directly!!!!

I want to know who is helping make a difference, if you are donating or helping with the campaign, please post here. Thanks Pokebeach community.:) Make a difference in the world by giving a little.

I'm very disappointed no one is taking interest :( That is sure what it seems like. I really feel sorry for these kids with epilepsy. Good thing they weren't counting on us to raise the money.

well, srry but actually i cant do anything. Where should i spread the Word? And i'm just a kid. i cant donate. Really sorry, sincerelly Sorry

Yeah, I thought of helping too... But there's really nothing I can do... I'm just 11 you know?

Okay, here is how to help.

See the Amy Lee banner in my sig. Right click on it, go to Properties and you'll see the URL address. Copy and paste the URL into your signature on EVERY website your registered as a member. Don't forget to put the
around the URL if the website doesn't do that automatically.

Also, if you can place a hyperlink on the banner, do that. Use this as the hyperlink address outoftheshadows.com

Also, I'm going to donate $100 to the campaign. :D

The majority of the forum members here are teens. It's unlikely you'll find any donors here... it is commendable that you are willing to donate $100, though.

Did you know you can turn the image itself into a link? Just put the image tags inside the url tags, and put the address inside the first url tag. See below:

Quote my post if you don't understand what I did.

Did you make that banner yourself? Campaign is spelled wrong.

Paste this into your signature. Delete the periods in the tags to make it work.

[.url=outoftheshadows.com][.img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/suicidal_hamster/OutoftheShadowssig.jpg
[/img][/url]

(The whole link stretched the page, so I put it on two lines. Make sure you put all that on one line so it works)

I spread the word in the psypokes community, and posted it in my psypokes sig. (I kept nearly all the words the same)

Ghost pokemon Master - give me your password and I'll put it in your sig. You can change your password afterward if you want. I promise I won't snoop, I'll put the banner in your sig and that's all.

Pimpwalkin' - I can put the banner in your sig too. The more people with it in their sig the better.

I don't think either of you will have to delete anything in your sig to get the banner. :)

Kirlia - That's awesome, encourage others to do it as well. The more sites it's spread on the better.

Okay, but I can't do it now... The EQ in Taiwan made the internet connection slow... Opening the page is freakin' slow... I'll do it once the connection recovers a bit. Okay?

I have a problem with my signature...Anyway GPM doesn't have the banner in.

Back