Collecting Help Identifying Old, Sealed Pokémon Card

Stephen Weaver

Aspiring Trainer
I have recently found my pokemon collection from when I was 10 years old and I have 3 cards I kept in the wrapper and in a top loader. Two of these cards you cannot see the face of the card, just the back. there is a wizards card protecting/covering the face of the pokemon card. These 3 cards are in premium condition and I was wondering if anyone has came across this. I imagine of all the other kids it must have been hard to keep a card in the wrapper like this and I have not found anything anywhere online about these 2 cards I have. I could only imagine the worth of them seeing as i remember when the person in charge of running the pokemon league back in the day handed it to me and told me specifically not to open it that it will be worth alot of money some time. any reply would be greatly appreciated, thank you ps. ill be uploading pictures of the cards
-Stephen Weaver

These are the pictures.

I'm sorry, I may have posted this in the wrong place

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_9196.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_9196.JPG
    732.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Optimized-IMG_9197.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_9197.JPG
    745.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to the Collector's Showcase forum as it is a more appropriate place for the question. ~Athena

Can't remember seeing this before...

My first guess would be that it's some kind of promotional pack for Neo Discovery?

Hard to judge from the pictures, but it sort of looks like the front is an advertisement hiding the card itself. Might be that a league received these a couple of days / a week before the release to hand away to players?

Just my thoughts.

The one on the right is a sealed Entei 34 Black Star promo while the other one might be a Pikachu 4 Black Star promo.

Back