Discussion Help! I had surgery last summer, what have I missed since then?

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Hello,

Last August I had surgery on my chest. I haven't been able to play since then, as I've been focusing on that and school, what have I missed since then? What decks are viable? What staples should I buy? Does anyone have a link to tier lists? I would really appreciate it if I could get some help catching back up.

Thanks!

PineDog

Last edited:

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Glad to see you're doing better. Limitlesstcg.com is the best place to see current good decks (as you can see what's winning regionals). Zoroark is still one of the kings, pairing with either Lycanroc or Decidueye commonly. A good deck that's not very expensive is Granbull, which when played skillfully is hard to beat (160 for 1 energy and 130hp!). Malamar is still pretty good, various forms (GX and non GX). BuzzRoc still can hold its own. There's no clear BDIF, though; each standard tournament so far has seen a very different top deck, for the most part, as people adpat to what won the previous one.

And in February we'll have a totally new meta, anyway, with the advent of the Tag Team cards...