Heatran EX

ii defy

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all,
After I went to my pre-release I managed to get 2 Heatran EX's and was wondering if it could be made into a decent deck although I am not sure what will work well for them.The fact that it's a team plasma means it can be searched for by the team plasma ball and because of all the new cards which benefit Team plasma pokemon would it be wise to pair it up with the eevelutions or something else ?

I think it has potential as a good card as it combats the laser with it's first attack and if you can get some damage down early (possibly from a laser) then it's second attack will do a lot of damage

13-heatran-ex.jpg

Thanks for reading
(sorry if this in the wrong place)

please add a scan because I have no idea what this card does.

I present to you an untested probably terrible and suckish Heatran Tank List!!!!!!
Pokémon - 9
Heatran EX x4
Deoxys EX x4
Lugia EX x1

Trainers: 38
Pokémon Catcher x4
HTL x4
VCG x3
Switch x4
Team Plasma Ball x4
Colress Machine x4
Proffesor Juniper x4
N x3
Biancax2
Skyla x1
Random Rec. x1
Computer Search x1
Max Potion x1
Super Rod x1
Energy Search x1

Energy:
Team Plasma Energy x4
Fire Energy x8
DCE x1

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I present to you an untested probably terrible and suckish Heatran Tank List!!!!!!
Pokémon - 9
Heatran EX x4
Deoxys EX x4
Lugia EX x1

Trainers: 38
Pokémon Catcher x4
HTL x4
VCG x3
Switch x4
Team Plasma Ball x4
Colress Machine x4
Proffesor Juniper x4
N x3
Biancax2
Skyla x1
Random Rec. x1
Computer Search x1
Max Potion x1
Super Rod x1
Energy Search x1

Energy:
Team Plasma Energy x4
Fire Energy x8
DCE x1
Gah, I was hoping that it didn't involve any popular EX's (I barely have any).
It could work by using the unbreon for more HP or maybe a snorlax for a 6 man teampact.

Umbreon
64-umbreon.jpg

Snorlax
101-snorlax.jpg

My main opinion about Heatran EX is simply that it's outclassed. Sure, it can hit for big damage, but it can't OHKO anything without previous damage and it's energy costs are pretty high. Generally when you're looking for a playable EX you want to see something special about it, like Deoxys EX's ability or the massive damage output from Black Kyurem EX. Heatran doesn't really have anything like that - it's damage output is pretty meh compared to the other EX's out there and a 4 Energy cost for one of it's attacks is really bad considering it has no reliable acceleration and that Deoxys is running around everywhere (Deoxys OHKO's with a Hypno). All of that combined with a dreadful weakness to water and you get a card that just doesn't fit into today's metagame.

Its too slow and doesn't have some really good partners. You could try to use Emboar or even Chandelure (but you'll preferably want 2 of these out). Chandelure could help you get extra damage counters on Heatran. Its outclassed by the whole meta and it has a bad weakness and doesn't hit much for double damage either.

Flygon2071 said:
Its too slow and doesn't have some really good partners. You could try to use Emboar or even Chandelure (but you'll preferably want 2 of these out). Chandelure could help you get extra damage counters on Heatran. Its outclassed by the whole meta and it has a bad weakness and doesn't hit much for double damage either.

It does extra damage based on the defending Pokemon, not damage on itself.

You can play multiple Deoxys with it. If you have three Deoxys on the field, a Virbank, and a HTL, you can OHKO any EX that doesn't have an Eviolite or Giant Cape attached.

pulled a FA one today during the pre....manger to trade it in a deal with other cards for a FA keldeo

I imagine that when plasma blast comes out it will be a much better card, having genesect/virizion's weakness, and keldeo will be dead. Entei/Heatran FTW!!

Keldeo will be dead? LOLWUT. Keldeo isn't going anywhere. Just because now there is ONE deck that can hit it for weakness doesnt mean everybody is suddenly going to burn their Keldeo's. Did weakness stop landorus? Darkrai? Mewtwo? Rayquaza? Eels? No. Keldeo may see a slight decline in play due to people playing less lasers thanks to virizion, but trust me, he's going to be played as long as the card is legal.
Oh and I forgot to mention that other guy... whats his name... oh yeah Blastoise. Water is tier 1 with plasma (multiple types) right now so a weakness to water is probably the worst weakness to have.

khit said:
Keldeo will be dead? LOLWUT. Keldeo isn't going anywhere. Just because now there is ONE deck that can hit it for weakness doesnt mean everybody is suddenly going to burn their Keldeo's. Did weakness stop landorus? Darkrai? Mewtwo? Rayquaza? Eels? No. Keldeo may see a slight decline in play due to people playing less lasers thanks to virizion, but trust me, he's going to be played as long as the card is legal.
Oh and I forgot to mention that other guy... whats his name... oh yeah Blastoise. Water is tier 1 with plasma (multiple types) right now so a weakness to water is probably the worst weakness to have.

I can agree on that, but have you seen Tropius from Megalo Cannon yet? Ow. Man. Da 'Stoises are gonna have a hard time! And with the decline of the water powerhouse (TDK doesn't count) and the intro of Genesect, Fire Pokémon will see more play, and perhaps Heatran will see play as a one-of against the likes of R-Lax or something.

I hadn't seen tropius yet, but I'm still not convinced. I still think a black ballista for 200 every turn is going to be too good not to play, speaking of black kyurem, I think he is almost immune to tropius due to discarding 3 energy per black ballista and no grass weakness, tropius can't be set up in one turn (barring an energy switch or plasma badge/colress machine) and blastoise will almost never have energy attached to it. but we'll just have to see how it plays out. Either way I'm very glad we'll FINALLY HAVE DECENT GRASS ATTACKERS! I wonder, were they saving them all year for this set? :p

Tropius is pretty bad because the attack means you're already running Grass, it doesn't actually hit the main attacker or Blastoise for weakness, it can't be charged in one turn, and its very easy to OHKO, plus that BKEX gets rid of energy on the field so Tropius isn't even guaranteed an OHKO on Blastoise.

As for Fire decks just to counterdeck Grass ones, Entei EX>Heatran EX. Heatran is pretty useless.

Back