Ruling Hazy about some rules.

Kaylith

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all, I'm a new member here. I've been collecting cards for a while but I just recently became interested in building a deck. I read the rules, but some things are still a little unclear to me. Do you draw a card each turn? Is there a limit to how many cards you can have in your deck? Can you put as many energy on a Pokemon as you want (of course one each turn)? Do you discard energy after you use them in an attack?

Also, any suggestions on which series of cards would be a good addition to any deck?

Thanks!

Do you draw a card each turn?
yes, you HAVE to draw a card at the start every turn

Is there a limit to how many cards you can have in your deck?
A deck MUST have exactly 60 cards

Can you put as many energy on a Pokemon as you want (of course one each turn)?
you can have up to 59 energies attached to one pokemon, why, because more would be impossible :p

Do you discard energy after you use them in an attack?
only if the card tells you to discard energy cards, then, but the energy cost to use the attack does not have to be discarded, that would be insane

Okay thanks!

I made a typo though...I said "Is there a limit to how many cards you can have in your deck?" when I meant a limit to the cards in your hand. Sorry about that. ^^;

Thanks for your help!

Firstly, Yes you draw a card at the beginning of each turn except if you have the very first turn in the game.
Secondly, you can have as many cards in your hand as you like
Thirdly, You can put as many energies on a pokemon as you like but there is not much point in majorly over-energizing a pokemon.
Finally, you only discard energies for an attack if it tells you to:
eg. steelix ex reads "before doing damage, discard 2 energies attatced to steelix ex" in that case you would. Others do more damage the more energies you discard.

And ... WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!

as for good cards in a deck.... rare candy (hp) copycat (df) and way more

Hiya,

^Not really...Rare Candy can be used in any deck that evolves, stage 1 or stage 2. It's just for speed.

cya.

m0nster1nc said:
If it's a stage 1 deck Wally's almost totally trumps it.
Not really since Wally's a supporter. That takes up a card that could've netted much more than you got with Wally.

Arcanine out.

Thanks everyone!

I want to build a deck around an Espeon, so I need to go out and try to get one. XD; Are they hard to find?

Back