DPPt/HGSS Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 6: aljwrbgvuoahegij YUS

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Well, I've decided that since I discontinued my Ruby Hack (due to no one having intrest in it since they had no idea what was going on), I've decided to save that for a possible future Let's Play if I ever do any of those and instead intrest people in something thay actually know about. I'll try to update this every day as well as give this double updates on Saturday and Sunday, so expect this to be done fast :D

RULES

1. You may only catch the first Pokemon that you encounter on each Route. If you fail to catch it by any means, then you may not catch a Pokemon on that Route.

2. If a Pokemon is ever Knocked Out, that Pokemon is considered dead and may not be used in the run at any time after said death. It will be stored in a Box seperate to the alive Mons, and may only be withdrawn for the use of an HM if no alive member can learn it. If an alive member can learn said HM, you must do so and you may not use the dead Pokemon.

3. You must nickname all Pokemon.

4. The only exception to Rule 1 is that you may opt to skip out on catching a Pokemon that you have already caught. (IE, you catch a Poochyena on Route 103 and find another Poochyena on the following Route, you may choose to skip that second Poochyena and find a new Pokemon.)

5. You may catch Legendaries, even if its not your first Pokemon in the area, but may not use them no matter what circumstance.

RUN

Part 1

Well, not much to say here about the beginning of the game. I actually Touch the Screen to Continue, as the game says, instead of hitting A :p

So, I delete my previous save and button mash through Oak's speech, get all my gear, and head to Elm's place. I grab a Chikorita, never have using it before, and name it Safari. But not after Safariblade, no no no, this is for Safari, the Web Browser for Apple. Thats right, this Nuzlocke's nicknaming pattern is all Pokemon must be named after an iPod/iPad app. This should be good.

So, I head out toward Cherrygrove, and my first Pokemon I find there is a Sentret. Not that it really matters, since I have no Pokeballs. I eventually make it to Cherrygrove with my horrendus walking speed, get the Running Shoes, and go North to Prof. Oak's house. First Pokemon? Weedle. Does it Poison me with Poison Sting? Of course it does. I head back to heal it, then make it up to Oak's house. I get the Pokedex, and the Apricorn Box thing on the way back, and fight my rival with my Lv7 Chikorita. This battle is boring, five Tackles and he's down.

I go back to the laboratory (go Dexter's Lab) and tell him that my Rival's name is Android, since all of my Pokemon names will be after iPod apps. Trololo. I then get Pokeballs from Lyra, catch a Pokemon on Route 46, a Geodude, and name it after Google Earth. After that, I decide to level grind a bit to Lv10 and end off the part.

Part 2

Whelp, Part 2, lets go. I start off by catching a Hoothoot on Route 31. I name it Angry Birds, because, well, its a bird. I then own all the trainers (including Youngster Joey, whom I get my first phone number from~) and head to the Dark Cave to find a Lv2 Zubat. I catch it and don't name it anything. I've used Crobat too much in the past. And its Lv2.

I head into town and actually catch a Bellsprout on Route 32, and realize that I can't think of a well known app that could go with a Bellsprout. So I just name it Liberty, after the Liberty Bell, and break my chain D: I'll try to do iPod apps as much as I can, but I'll nickname it whatever if I can't think of anything.

So I head into Sprout Tower, catch a Ratatta, name it Top Percent, and conquer the Tower of Sprouts. I get Flash and then Level Grind to Lv14 to each of my Pokemon before taking on the Gym Leader!

Part 3

Part 3, the day of our first Gym Battle. Grinding took a long time D:

I head into the gym, feeling great. I take out the first two trainers singlehandedly with the topmost percentage of Pokemon on my team, Rattata. He also takes out Faulkner's Pidgey and 1/8th of Pidgeotto's health. Trololo. I switch to Geodude and finish him off with a Rock Throw. I get the Zeypher Badge along with Roost and head off to Route 32 to continue my journey. But of course I get interrupted by Prof Elm saying he needs us to pick up an egg.

I get the egg in the PokeMart, then get interrupted AGAIN by a Kimno Girl or something. I finally go to the Union Cave, catch an Onix, name it Afro, because it is hard :I

And then I replace Geodude. Bai Geodude D:

I'll level grind to 16 overnight and have another two updates tomorrow!

That was short. I'll have more tomorrow. I promise. Good bye.

Part 4

So, after a long time of grinding, I finally go through Union Cave. I get through quite easily, and land in Route 33, where I catch JWittz the Hoppip ^-^

I head into Azela Town, talk to Kurt, and he moves the Rocket Guy out from the well. I go down, battle a Rocket, and I find Hipoke the Slowpoke :D I then continue my way, beat Executive Proton Jon, and head back with Kurt. I then go into the gym and defeat all the trainers along with Bugsy pretty much with Afro and Hipoke. I heal up, and head to the East where Android is waiting for me. I take out his Zubat with Afro and his Gastly and Quilava with Hipoke. I mash the A button through his speech at the end, head into the Ilex Forest, catch Fireproof the Paras, and end off the part here. Oh yeah, and my egg hatched sometime during the grinding session. Forgot to mention that.

Part 5

ALright, I go through Ilex Forest, play the Farfetch'd minigame thing, get Cut, and teach Hipoke Headbutt. I then head up to Goldenrod, but first I catch a Drowzee on Route 34, and name it TEE HEE. Then I go into Goldenrod, get the Bike and the Radio Card, then avoid Whitney for as much as possible. I go North to Route 35, catch a Nidoran M, name it after Tyraniking, and then go to the National Park.

I go in, sit and listen to the music for a few minutes (<3) and then catch a Pokemon. Or at least try to. I end up critting the Weedle I find (not like I'd use it anyways) and barge into Route 36, where I crit once again on a Nidoran F. Not like I'd use that either. I then start to level grind for one final time before Whitney, which you can expect next part. Wish me luck against that evil devil cow :<

Part 6

Whitney tiem :eek:

I walk into the gym, walk through the maze of Clefairy, and end up right in the middle of the arena. I save the game promptly and confront the evil 7 year old. She starts with her Clefairy which goes down to two Hyper Fangs from Raticate. And people doubted his strength :eek:

Now for the real pain. Gameplan: Swicth in Slowpoke, Yawn, then switch to Onix, get 6 Screeches in, then maul with Rock Throw. What actually happens: Swicth to Hipoke, Yawn, switch to Afro, get Attracted. Great. I switch back to Hipoke and use Confusion. It does about 1/12th of its health. I switch to using Headbutt and that does about 1/8th, a considerable amount more. She wakes up, uses Attract, and then it pops up. I HAVE OBLIVIOUS :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Sadly Stomp does about 1/4th of Hipoke's health, so he won't be doing much. I switch in Afro, and get in one Screech before getting Attracted. I switch to Noctowl, put up a Reflect, put in two more Screeches with Onix, then switch to Raticate to finish the job with a single Hyper Fang :D

NO POKEMON LOST ON WHITNEY!
POKEMON DATA

Team Pokemon: 5

153.gif
Safari, the Web Browser- Bayleef (SAFARI) Lv20- New Bark Town
-Razor Leaf
-Synthesis
-Tackle
-Poisonpowder

95.gif
Afro- Onix (AFRO) 20- Union Cave
-Rock Throw
-Tackle
-Screech
-Bind

164.gif
Angry Birds- Noctowl (ANGRYBIRDS) Lv20- Route 3
-Peck
-Uproar
-Reflect
-Hypnosis

20.gif
Top Percentage- Raticate (TOPPERCENT) Lv20- Sprout Tower
-Hyper Fang
-Bite
-Quick Attack
-Sucker Punch

79.gif
Hipoke- Slowpoke (HIPOKE) lv 20- Slowpoke Well
-Headbutt
-Confusion
-Water Gun
-Yawn

Boxed Pokemon: 8

41.gif
Zubat Lv2- Dark Cave

74.gif
Geodude (GOOGLEARTH) Lv14- Route 46

69.gif
Bellsprout (LIBERTY) Lv6- Route 32

175.gif
Togepi (EGGIE) Lv1- Egg

187.gif
Hoppip (JWITTZ) Lv6- Route 33

46.gif
Paras (FIREPROOF) Lv6- Ilex Forest

96.gif
Drowzee (TEE HEE) Lv12- Route 34

32.gif
Nidoran M (TKING) Lv12- Route 35

Dead Pokemon: 0

Failed Captures: 4

161.gif
Sentret- Route 29- Reason: No Pokeballs

13.gif
Weedle- Route 30- Reason: No Pokeballs

13.gif
Weedle- National Park- Reason: Crithax :I

29.gif
Nidoran F- Route 36- Reason: MOAR Crithax :I

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Our Journey Begins!

Wow, what an interesting start! I love the nicknaming sequence. Hope you'll be able to keep giving out nicknames, but for now it's a good start. I also really like your rival's name, Android is just epic for a rival. I would have liked to have seen a PC vs. Mac thing for the rivals, and then apps and stuff, but what you did is probably better.

Anyway, hope you can handle Whitney a little later on. Make sure you have a female that can handle her demon cow. Good luck! :D

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Our Journey Begins!

Yoshidude10 said:
Wow, what an interesting start! I love the nicknaming sequence. Hope you'll be able to keep giving out nicknames, but for now it's a good start. I also really like your rival's name, Android is just epic for a rival. I would have liked to have seen a PC vs. Mac thing for the rivals, and then apps and stuff, but what you did is probably better.

Anyway, hope you can handle Whitney a little later on. Make sure you have a female that can handle her demon cow. Good luck! :D

I really hope I get a female before Whitney. All my Pokemon are male so far. Fun. Demon Cow is annoying. Bleh. I'll need to super level grind.

Anyways, Part 2 is up! Sorry I couldn't keep up the naming sequence, but if any of you have a name suggestion, please PM me or post it in this thread. I'll get the name fixed asap once I hit Goldenrod.

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 2: Le Angry Birds

Wheeeee Part 3. I'll have two more updates tomorrow and on Labor Day!

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 3: I Finally Gave in to the Afro Syndrome...

Part 4 is up! I might Have another part up later today. Might. Sorry the updates have been coming slowly, it's just that the grinding takes a while. I promise there will be little to no grinding until the E4 now.

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 4: Updating with an iPad is hard :I

Looks like that nicknaming sequence is over.

I'm glad this is doing nicely. By the way, it might do you some good to include the moveset on these Pokemon, since people can suggest move changes that could be helpful. Does your Hipoke know Curse? If not, I'd get Curse on it before Whitney.

Yoshidude10 said:
Looks like that nicknaming sequence is over.

I'm glad this is doing nicely. By the way, it might do you some good to include the moveset on these Pokemon, since people can suggest move changes that could be helpful. Does your Hipoke know Curse? If not, I'd get Curse on it before Whitney.

...are you serious. I JUST deleted Curse for Confusion >.<

I'll edit in the movesets right now.

Part 5 up, Whitney battle next part :eek:

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 5: Preparation for the Devil's Cow

Afro will do you wonders against Miltank. It's resistant to it's attacks and can screech it. Of course, it's pretty much impossible to evade the attract and flinch hax.

Good luck

RE: Hatman's SoulSilver Nuzlocke Run- Part 5: Preparation for the Devil's Cow

ohmygodohmygodohmygod yus. Part 6 up.

Sorry for taking so long to see this. Thanks for using my name! Now I have been two Chiko-starter lines haha.

Back