Has Nintendo Been Slacking on Quality?

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
I have to say with the latest expansion , primal clash , it seems Nintendo has been extremely lacking in quality control!!!

The quality of the cards has been horrid as of late.
extreme miscuts on most of the cards , bad cuts with rough edges , edgeware straight from pack , ink blemishes ( mainly on the new mega FA'S) ETC ETC

now as of late it seems that ptcg has been listening to its fans finally and yet still no signs of any changes in thier quality control.

Im sorry , but as a collector this grinds my gears to no end!!!! It literally makes me screem everytime i pull an ultra rare and the centering is extremely off , the back is riddled with spots where the ink has missed and the edges are clipped.
It is most evident with primal clash and i could almost gurentee there will be very few PSA 9's or even 8's of most cards from the set.
Another type of card where it is extremely noticeable are the new ancient trait holos. I Could show you all 9 kingdra ancient traits i have pulled so far and all 9 have severe miscuts!!!
Does anyone else feel as strongly about this as i do?? And is it not evident that Japan puts way more effort into quality??

This has been the case for quite a lot time. As far as as the original BW set, I was pulling poor cards with scratches and white marks and foil shaved off, though things really took a nosedive around the time the Plasma sets started.

I ended up switching to primarily collecting Japanese cards, which are by and large a much better product without the quality control issues of the English and other International sets.

It wouldn't ^

This is all I have to say:
e5fFwNy.jpg

Reggie McGigas said:
It wouldn't ^

This is all I have to say:

e5fFwNy.jpg

OMG!! HAHA
I honestly have to say that is a first for me!! I haven't seen an error card like that since base set!!
Could you imagine how that would look if it was the FA versions??!!

I would actually love to have a horribly miscut FA, I won't lie.

I actually really want that Trevenant/Wailord EX card, and I'm not even a collector or real TCG player. It's pretty cool.

I wonder if it's tournamet legal with not even the HP showing? I guess it would be ok if you have a printed reference (would be really dumb of them if it wasn't).

Teal said:
I actually really want that Trevenant/Wailord EX card, and I'm not even a collector or real TCG player. It's pretty cool.

I wonder if it's tournamet legal with not even the HP showing? I guess it would be ok if you have a printed reference (would be really dumb of them if it wasn't).

Not legal, however pokemon would replace it with a regular Trevanant EX that is legal

But let's be honest, it's a hell of a lot of work to contact pokemon and explain to them your problem and etc....

Plus! Who doesn't want this awesome card??

Teal said:

I want it more :>

The card is indeed illegal.

Yes they have been slacking since the original DS came out. After that came out then they started slowly on the cards. When PUSA took over after Wizards the cards were not as well made. Sure they still looked good but to be honest the quality dropped. Everything started slacking when season 9 of Pokemon started. That was when the actual slump started with the change in VA's then the cards came next. Everything is pretty good but not the same as Wizards though.:)

Yeah it is very sad. Even on games they are messing up and more glitches than there used to be. Bot just the cards. There is even more mistakes and errors on the cards as well. Sure you had mistakes on the Wizards cards and part of the reason for this is because we now have younger people that are around 20-30 years old that are creating the games and cards and they don't have the proper knowledge because they were not raised properly and with that i mind we as fans notice the mistakes and glitches because we grew up knowing how things should be. They don't teach the proper way to do things anymore. Sad to say that is why more mistakes will happen. Until we have more proper people teaching correctly and better quality we no longer have because of so many mistakes nowadays.:)

I've seen way more miscut full arts in Primal Clash Youtube opens then any other set. I think they just rushed when they were lining up the cards.

Yeah they have the alignment set wrong on the cutters. See the cutters are set up by computer robotics and you need to have basic robotics in order to handle things like this. People are not getting the proper training they need to do the setup right. They just google how to do it and that does not work properly. If you want the right cut alignment you need to have basic robotics so you know what dimensions to enter into the computer. It is actually similar to editing a picture or setting up your printer as well.:)

Maserati777 said:
I've seen way more miscut full arts in Primal Clash Youtube opens then any other set. I think they just rushed when they were lining up the cards.

Exactly!! Primal clash has been the worst expansion for miscut cards and it just figures it would be the set that finally introduced mega FA's.
I have opened over 10 boxes of primal clash and my 2 favorite full arts of the set , mega kyogre and kyogre all have been miscut!! I just want one mint kyogre , thats it!! And i will be happy hahaha even though out of 10+ boxes i have pulled 3 mega kyogre full arts and only one kyogre full art!! Hahaha

Instead of the set being called mega FA's for the mega Pokemon how about mega failure or epic phail?:)

Based on experience I have two points to mention

1. The Pokemon company puts a lot of care and effort when printing their Japanese Gaia Volcano/Tidal Storm cards but puts in little to no effort when printing the Primal Clash counterparts.

2. If you get a non-miscut/damaged ex or full art or even a psa 9 or 10 card from a Primal Clash pack you are very lucky.

Here's the back and front of my recent Full Art Mega Gardevoir Ex. If you ever wondered if the Pokemon company could have trouble printing these full art megas with the box uniquely in the middle of the card you were right.
tumblr_nkk03qmJFD1r12rm4o2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nkk03qmJFD1r12rm4o3_1280.jpg

Who knows maybe because the english full arts have a larger/deeper ridge design it's harder to make the cards without error compared to the Japanese full arts which don't have much of a texture. Of course this doesn't explain the massive amounts of miscuts we get that the Japanese cards don't get, even their commons and rares are perfect.

Back