DPPt/HGSS Hardcore

BananaCorn

I don't exist
I don't know if anyone here has tried this, but it's fun as hell. It's not my idea, but I thought I'd share.

POKEMON: HARDCORE VERSION

The rules are simple: You start a new game, get your first pokemon (You're allowed to choose). Then it gets a bit more fun.

Rule one: You have to catch the first pokemon you encounter in every new area. With the exception of shiny pokemon, you can't catch any more pokemon in that area. If the first pokemon you see in an area is one you already have, you can't get anything from that area. If you kill the first pokemon you see, you can't catch any from that area.

Rule two: You have to use the Pokemon you catch. The first six you catch will form your team. This is pretty easy.

Rule three: This is the most important rule: If a Pokemon faints, you MUST release it. No matter what. Critical hits, poison damage, recoil. If it faints, it's not on your team anymore.

Rule four: You must battle every wild pokemon and every trainer. No exceptions. Unless you're trying to catch it, you kill it.

Rule five: The only items you can buy from the pokemart are: Any type of Pokeball, potions, Super potions, hyper potions, max potions, Full restores, and revives.

There is another rule, but it is optional.

Rule six: You can not use the pokecenter except for releasing pokemon or getting items from people in the pokecenter.

This is really fun. I'm doing it on my Diamond, but you can do it on any game, really. This is my team so far, I'm just about at Eterna Forest:

Dexter (Buizel) lv 14

Water Gun
Water Spout
Pursuit
Quick Attack

Chesire (Geodude) lv 15

Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Rock Smash
Magnitude

Tobias (Staravia) lv 15

Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Growl
Tackle

Maple (Bidoof) lv 15

Rollout
Tackle
Pluck
HP Ice

Darwin (Monferno) lv 14

Mach Punch
Ember
Leer
Scratch

So far, I've only had to release one Pokemon. An Abra I caught got OHKO'd by one of the Abras in the trainer school when I switched it in for EXP. I ffffuuuu'd.

So have fun, and good luck!

This is really similar to the Nuzlocke challenge it seems. Just a few slight variations to make it harder. GL doing this in Platinum.

dmaster out.

Update: I'm currently in the Eterna Galactic building. The second gym was hard, I lost Darwin to a geodude just prior to the challenge, and caught a Zubat in Mt. Coronet.

I also caught and lost a Buneary to a critical hit. :(

On the plus side, Tobias is level 21 now.

This sounds fun, i think ill try it after i beat my ruby. can you use legendaries if you catch them though?

Yeah, this is realllyyyy similar to Nuzlocke... I think all of your rules except #4 are ones people typically use for Nuzlocke.
It's fun, I've tried it before. It's just really annoying to have to release your lv. 60 infernape @ the E4 because it got KO'd. >_>

Back