• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Hard Crushing the Opposotion! (Magmortar UL/Delcatty PL)

heyboy963

I am NOT cute!
I heard about this combo on http://google.com/ (link: http://www.http://google.com/.com/) and I thought it could work really well. What do you think?

4-3 Magmortar UL (Magmar is SV)
3-3 Delcatty PL
1 Magby TR
2-2 Ninetales HS (Vulpix is PL)
2 Jirachi RR
1 Uxie LA

Pokémon ~ 21

2x Pokémon Collector
1x Interviewer's Question
2x Switch
2x Junk Arm
3x Super Scoop Up
2x Bebe's Search
2x Engineer's Adjustments
2x Professor Oak's New Theory
3x Rare Candy
2x Seeker
1x Palmer's Contribution
2x Broken Time-Space

Trainers ~ 24

9x Fire Energy
4x Double Colourless
2x Rescue Energy

Energy ~ 15

Total Cards ~ 60

Strategy: I will try to explain this in phases.

Phase One: Hopefully start off with a Jirachi, Magmar, Skitty and an Engineer's Adjustments in hand. Use 'Detour to discard two energy into the discard and draw 8 cards. Hopefully, you should be able to get an evolution in your hand. Keep repeating supporters with 'Detour' while you set up a Magmortar, 1-2 Delcatty and hopefully a Ninetales. When Jirachi is eventually KOed, use 'Final Wish' to get one more card into your hand.

Phase Two: Once Magmortar is fully charged with a Fire and a DCE (hopefully a Rescue too) bring him out. Use 'Junk Arm' to discard some Fire Energy if you didn't discard them using Magmar's 'Fireworks' attack, Engineer's Adjustments, Vulpix's 'Reheat' attack or Ninetales' 'Roast Reveal' attack. Delcatty to use 'Power Circulation' to return two of the Fire Energy in the Discard to the top of your deck. Use Magmortar's 'Hard Crush' to do a constant 100 damage, maybe 150 if you manage to : a) topdeck another energy card or b) Get 2 Delcattys out. With this combo, you shouldn't have to resort to using Magmortar's other attack, 'Mantle Bazooka as Magmortar will be dealing a constant 100 anyway. If Delcatty is heavily damaged, use Seeker or Super Scoop Up to pick it up and play it down with Broken Time-Space. If Magmortar is heavily damaged, Switch to retreat (or just retreat) and lay down Super Scoop Up or Seeker. Broken Time-Space to lay it down, and retreat whoever you sent up (or use Switch). Should be able to keep this up for the whole game.

Added Tech(s): Magby is just there in case you need to stall for a bit and Burn your opponent. Should know what Uxie does.

Any criticism? All feedback, positive or negative is appreciated. I just whipped this up on the spot while I was typing this up.

personally I would use this instead of delcatty:

Dialga PL 5

It would let you place all three energy you need to attack with magmortar.
I would use jirachi as a starter and use 4 engineer's adjustments, this would let you on turn one draw 8 cards by using engineer's twice and discard 2 energy. Then use some more junk arm to put in all the energy you need.
Use seeker with this to re-use your dialgas and using seeker with jirachi will let you put 6 energy a turn into the discard if needed.

It is completely up to you as both delcatty and dialga work just as well, and each work better in different situations.

Or you could run Ninetales HS. It lets you discard the Energy you want to discard, then you can Delcatty them on top and do buttloads of damage with Magmortar. It also gives you great early game set up.

@Electabuzzy
Thanks for the help! I will add 2 Jirachi and 2 Engineer's Adjustments. I don't want to use Dialga PL because it only works once when you place Dialga PL down, and I don't want to waste my Seeker on Dialga because Delcatty lets you use it every turn, and I need to pick up Delcatty coz its power damages itself.

@Pokemunkulys
I will also run Ninetales HS. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

-4 Spiritomb
-2 Pokemon Rescue
-1 Junk Arm
-1 Magby TR

-8 cards

+2 Jirachi RR
+2 Engineer's Adjustments
+2-2 Ninetales HS (Vulpix is PL)

+8 cards

Back