• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Handigross (Metagross / Miltank)

ZenHarboredZelphis

Aspiring Trainer
Edited from sugestions

Pokemon: 16

• 4 Beldum (AO, 47/98)
  • 2 Metang (AO, 48/98)
  • 3 Metagross (AO, 50/98)
  • 1 Metagross, (AO, 49/98)
  • 2 Deoxys, (RS, 33/108)
  • 2 Registeel, (AO, 51/98)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Town Map
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Shauna
  • 4 Tierno
  • 1 Wally
  • 2 Parallel City
  • 3 Lucky Helmet
  • 3 Muscle Band

Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 2 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Use Deoxys with one energy to draw two cards, spam Tierno and Skates to build a very large hand, Main attacker is Metagross with Machine Gun Stomp with a Muscle Band attached if necessary. Secondary attackers are Miltank and Deoxys if need be, Powerful Friends for 80 damage and Deoxys for 30 on the first attack then 90 damage on the following attacks.

Let me know what you think and if you care to make a suggestion to make the deck better I am all for listening to what you think might work better!

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE Handigross! As my first Pro deck, I had a good time with this. I actually didn't run Miltank, just because it's a tad unreliable without a metagross down. I actually ran Registeel and it worked beautifully.

You could run Scorched Earth and replace the Metal Energy with Fire/Fighting, although 6 energy seems a little low for this type of investment. If not Scorched Earth, I do think Steel Shelter can be replaced for something that is useful in more match-ups, like Silent Lab or Parallel City.

You could run Scorched Earth and replace the Metal Energy with Fire/Fighting, although 6 energy seems a little low for this type of investment. If not Scorched Earth, I do think Steel Shelter can be replaced for something that is useful in more match-ups, like Silent Lab or Parallel City.
very true, as this deck only uses 1 ability (non-AT Metagross)

Back