Ruling Hand Energy

Suraako

Elemental Master
If the opponent uses Typhlosion/Blaziken's Firestarter or Blissey uses Happy Chance and attaches an Energy, would that activate Shocking Tail? I'm leaning towards no, but if you want to play literally, it is technically coming from your "hand" :p And when it says "whenever your opponent attaches..." it makes me think it's meant to deal with more than just Flygon d (HP). Yes, this is a desperate and futile attempt to make this Poke-Body seem better than it is.

5.jpg

121.jpg

yup. Blisseys and Blaziken's both come from the discard pile while Electivire says "if you attach an energy from your hand" so Blissey, or whatever else gets the energy from the discard pile, does not take damage

Eh, I figured as much. It doesn't hurt to wish, does it? :p

But I'm pretty sure it'll activate if you use Flygon d's Pokepower or Pelipper's Guzzle (GE) attack, right? What about something like Raichu's attack where you search your deck for Energy and attach it to a Pokemon? Would that follow the same principle behind it not working on Blaziken or Blissey?

@Suraako's 2nd post : Yeah, it will, because it says "from your hand".

Suraako said:
But I'm pretty sure it'll activate if you use Flygon d's Pokepower or Pelipper's Guzzle (GE) attack, right?

Yes. The energy is coming from your hand. It doesn't matter why.

Blastoise SW's Waterlog is a good way to pwn yourself against Electivire.

Suraako said:
What about something like Raichu's attack where you search your deck for Energy and attach it to a Pokemon? Would that follow the same principle behind it not working on Blaziken or Blissey?

Yes, Shocking Tail does not trigger on Raichu's attack effect. The energy is considered to be moving directly from the deck to the play zone. There is no point where the energy becomes part of your hand of cards.

Thanks everyone. Honestly, I expected as much. I was just hoping there was a chance that there was more awesomeness to this card. :p

Back