• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Hammertime (Raichu / Vespiquen)

RacingGamer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Raichu XY
  • 4 Pikachu XY
  • 3 Combee AOR
  • 3 Vespiquen AOR
  • 2 Eevee AOR
  • 2 Flareon AOR
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 4 Unown
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 level ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Blacksmith
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Sky Field
Energy:
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Fire Energy
Strategy:

This deck was built for the appearence of Special Energies. since they are used very often in almost every deck, I thought this would work pretty well against those deck. Especially when a Pokémon is being set up.

Idea's and commantary are welcome :)

So, I feel like this deck is going to be played way to slow and inconsistent to be very effective. Here are some cards that should be taken out.

Crushing Hammer is not a very great card for this deck as it's running many stage twos and Vespiquen without Giant Plant Forest. Even more so as this card relies on a coin flip.

Enhanced Hammer is better than Crushing Hammer, but is still not a good card for this deck as mentioned about in the explanation with Crushing Hammer.

Hex Maniac can be very counter productive for this deck as it can pose a few hindrances to your own Pokémon. While I don't think it's a bad idea to have it in here, just remember to only use this card when you've done everything else you can possibly do and it wont affect your Pokémon's abilities to knock out any of your opponent's Pokémon.

Xerosic is a good card to have, but it wastes a possible support for the turn as well and could be replaced to speed the deck up.

While I understand the concept you are trying to aim for, the biggest problem you're going to run in to in my opinion is consistency and speed. While these cards can potentially make up for that speed, they'll ultimately result in more dead cards in the hand more often than not for this deck. Why I say this is because when you play an Enhanced Hammer, your opponent is now going to be more cautious to play any special energy until they need too, meaning now you're less likely to remove any energy at all. Crushing hammer is very unreliable as well as your letting it all boil down to a coin flip which is not always a good thing.

If you wish to keep the idea, here's some cards I'd swap around:

Remove:

2 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Hex Maniac
1 Level Ball
1 VS Seeker

Add:

3 Trainers' Mail
2 Ultra Ball
1 Professor Birch's Observations

I hope this helps. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Thank you for your reply. I grasp what you mean. After I made the list and tested it, I felt that I exaggerated the concept. I'll use this changes and hope that it will work at coming Regionals (Regionals Breda (NL) upcoming Sunday)

Back