• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Halloween (Gourgeist / Audino / Ditto Prism / Nihilego)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
HALLOWEEN

4142-Gourgeist-Super.png

Pokémon (13):
  • 4 Pumpkaboo SM4 (evolution)
  • 4 Gourgeist SM4 (beatdown)
  • 1 Ditto Prism (evolution)
  • 4 Audino SM10b (draw)
Trainer (40):
  • 3 Bill’s Analysis (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 Bodybuilding Dumbbell (enable)
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 2 Adventure Satchel (search)
  • 4 U-Turn Board (retreat)
  • 4 Spell Tag (beatdown)
  • 4 Nest Ball (search)
  • 3 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)
Energy (07):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Triple Boost Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Audino to draw additional cards. Fill the bench with Pumpkaboo and Audino. Next turn evolve Pumpkaboo into Gourgeist and attach tools to the bench and the active Pokémon. Make sure that four of them are U-Turn Board. Use Pumpkin Bomb to discard the tools and hit for a solid 250 damage. Return the discarded U-Turn Board to the hand and continue to attack.

SPOILER:

Audino
Basic Colorless Pokémon
HP: 90
Ability: Hearing
Once during your turn, if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, you may draw a card.
[C][C] Drain Slap: 30
This Pokémon recovers 30 HP.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: F

U-Turn Board
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
The retreat cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is [C] less. If this card is discarded from in play, put it into your hand instead.

Last edited:
Hi Deathfinch,

Thanks for the review. Not sure on Genesect GX since this is a Shrine deck and Genesect seems more like a win more card. With Shrine of Punishment the deck already hits for a solid 260 damage on my turn. While this does not knock out Reshiram and Charizard GX and a few other selected Tag Teams it should do so at the end of their turn if they are unable to replace the stadium card. I would be more interested in one alternate late game attacker and one early game attacker in addition to Gourgeist since this deck is a little slower than Electric decks at the moment.

valid point. if you need another attacker, maybe a 2-2 line of fighting toxicroak, with exact revenge, to ko any non-GX pokemon you may come a crossed

Alternate late game attacker could be one of the rotoms, if you had more tools that weren't u turn boards. Also this deck will only be standard for one day. You'd either need to switch to tool drop doublade or just head into the expanded world of which I know nothing.

So technically this deck is expanded or it will be when u-turn board becomes tournament legal just letting you know this will never be standard

Hi rewster1,

Thanks for the review. This is a japanese deck and should be available next week once the boxes arrive by mail. I may take inspiration from the Doublade deck in terms of additional attackers and see if I can fit in one Ditto Prism and possibly one Nihilego as an alternate late game attacker. Another approach i considered is to look for a hybrid between Gourgeist and Zapdos Jirachi but that may require some less easy to make modifications to support both attackers.

Hi Aurajackle,

Thanks for the review. Since this is a japanese deck it is technically legal by now but I am still waiting for my booster boxes to arrive by mail. For the international version I could see this being turned into an expanded deck for sure. Gourgeist and U-Turn Board seem to be a tempting combo to explore.

Ah, well that makes more sense. What exactly are the decks you are up against? Or what is the hardest matchup currently? Maybe there are some triple boost compatible meta counters that would work, like slowking vs reshizard.

Hi rewster1,

Around here the meta is rather diverse. Here are some of the more popular decks: Zapdos and Raichu Tag Team, Zapdos Ultra Beasts, Pikarom, Gardevoir and Sylveon, Reshiram and Charizard, Blacephalon, Arcanine, Ultra Necrozma, Garchomp and Giratina, Garchomp Lucario, Zygarde, Pheromosa and Buzzwole variants, Gengar and Mimikyu, Lucario and Melmetal variants, Alolan Raichu with either Electrode GX or Magnezone, Vikavolt, Umbreon variants, Lost March, Metal Tool Drop variants, Muk and Alolan Muk, and Zoroark GX variants. There are also some Unown Hand decks and Rhyhorn mill decks but those are less common.

I also assume the new set could add these decks: Gourgeist variants, Lickilicky variants, Weakness Ultra Box (centered around the Lake Trio with Ultra Beast attackers) Ultra Box variants centered around non-GX Ultra beasts and a combination of both Naganadel GX, and Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor variants (either with Rayquaza GX or on its own with energy denial and healing). At least these are the decks that are on my radar. The new meta is hard to tell since most of us still wait for their boxes to arrive.

What I am looking for is to include a fifth and sixth attacker to this deck. I considered Ditto Prism to have a fifth Pumpkaboo and Nihilego but this would require me to make room for two cards and switch Triple Boost Energy for Basic Psychic Energy. I also considered to run Zapdos and Tapu Koko Prism in addition to Basic Lightning Energy but they seem to be hard to fit into the current shell of the deck.

Hi folks,

Modified the deck and decided to run Audino instead of Jirachi to enable me to fit Ditto Prism and Nihilego into the deck.

Back