Gyarados..

What you can do to counter gengar is impersonate a cyrus to grab a collector. Next turn, you collector for magikarp, magikarp and regiice and then your doing 60-80 right there. I may also tech in absol G because with a SP dark, your OHKOing gengar prime, and they dont have that great of a way to kill it. Having cyrus also helps set this up, plus the SP darks can let you donk with sableye.

A friend of mine actually played gyarados with regigigas and won out BR. (i think he won, might have com second? ) I don't know the list though..

Without lost world into the format Gengar Prime will be less populair.
Also are 3 Volkners,3 Junk arm and 1 Regice good for discarding karps?

^I understand that Volkners is good and regice is even better, but I personally think that Junk Arm makes the deck GOOD. I also say that Volkners helps vs Judge and weaken the blow. Regice is good vs Trainer lock among other things. So what justifies not playing Junk Arm? It lets you reuse Luxball and allows you to play less Rescue. It even lets you Uxie for more. Whats your arguement behind not playing a REALLY good cahd.

Wrong, Gengar Prime is definitely going to see play in all VileGar decks. The fact that for 1 Psychic Energy, you can lost zone vital Lv.X's from SP makes it sooo good. SP Pokemons are nothing without it's lv.x and it is quite easy to lost zone the lv.x (after they poke-turn, looker's investigation etc)

^I understand that Volkners is good and regice is even better, but I personally think that Junk Arm makes the deck GOOD. I also say that Volkners helps vs Judge and weaken the blow. Regice is good vs Trainer lock among other things. So what justifies not playing Junk Arm? It lets you reuse Luxball and allows you to play less Rescue. It even lets you Uxie for more. Whats your arguement behind not playing a REALLY good cahd.

Gyarados is already a "good" deck, and what justifies not playing junk arm? Not top decking it early game. I have yet to find myself in a situation late game saying to myself "man, I wish I could find a way to ditch some cards out of my hand".

I have. I've wanted to draw more with say, uxie, or wanted a trainer *cough SSU cough* back.

Who cares, you run 4. It is not going to benifit you when your under trainer lock anyways.

Erm, junk arm isn't as great as everyone thinks it is. Sure, you can discard faster, but out of the 5 games I played yesterday, I always got 2-3 by turn 2 with just Regice and Volkner.

I think that Junk Arm WILL be a major part in Gyarados, at least in mine. I think Junk Arm is great because you can retrieve Pok'eDrawer +, which is BROKEN!

Anyone could, it's a great card that can get you any two cards out of your deck, especially with junk arm.

Gyarados was fine post rotation. I ran a somewhat rogue build with Absol G X for the power and all the attacks help, and I beat mirror without Absol that was DP on. Gyarados will be tier one with the new cards. However, there's a lot of ways around it, like all decks. Honchkrow, Gengar, anything that can send stuff to the Lost Zone. I'm just saying that it's not perfect, like any deck, but is amazing this format.

Junk Arm works in the same sense as a Regi that you can't search for. I'd rather search for my discarding card, personally. Even though it gets stuff back, the main point people consider playing it is for the discard, which will have been accomplished earlier in the game.

~L_X_F

I like the idea of using Twins for Junk Arm, but that might be slower than the usual Regice + Volkner =\

Max Potion
Trainer's - Goods

Choose 1 of your Pokemon and restore all of its HP. Then, discard all Energy attached to that Pokemon.

You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

Gyrados is now even more epic

Back