gyarados techs

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Does anyone think that donphan prime in gyarados could work? I though it would be perfect to counter luxray, and is also a nice secondary attacker. I have room for either 2-2 donphan with 2 fighting, or 1-1 luxray, 1 crobat, and 3 poke turns. I'm leaning towards luxray, but I was wondering if donphan could work.

Against Luxray, while they do KO you each turn (with Trash Bolt + Lucario GL, and maybe a Bat drop), you can KO the entire deck every turn with Expert Belt attached. Luxray and Crobat also help you against more matchups, with board control and more damage.

You will naturally outlast Luxray if you play a very strong build. Rescue Energy should go on Gyarados each turn. This is what I call a "trade deck". Starting 2nd/3rd turn of the game, you will start trading prizes with your opponent. The moment one player DOES NOT take a prize, the game is over, basically. With Rescue energy, you will outlast even the strongest Luxray builds. They need much more than you do to win. Donphan would be terrible just because it doesn't help your matchup against anything. It actually reduces your matchup against some things just because of the lost consistancy. I would go with the luxray, crobat, turn, but it is still bleh IMO. TBH, just go straight Dos. You will, 9 times out of 10, outlast and beat Luxray anyways. I don't see too many things where Ray, Bat, and Turn would really help.

pretty sure donphan will work if you play a ton of warp points. this will give you a lot of options.

^
Most of the time g-dos already plays warp nrg.
I played Donkphan in this deck and its pretty good but i had to removed it for some seeker etc.

Right, the main reason for playing it would be to help against scizor, since I need rescue energy, and of course luxchomp.

You don't need to attach Special Energy to Gyarados for Scizor.

dmaster out.

^Pokemon Rescue? Cherrim? You'll have ways if you are a good Dos player. Scizor is not much of a problem for the deck.

Lol Cherrim. It's Combee. XD But yeah Pokemon Rescue for sure. If you only play one recovery method, you fail. There was a way to recover Gyarados in DP-On. >_>

dmaster out.

Yeah, but I only play one rescue, and so do you dmaster so don't say anything. I also play a combee, but it's not always easy to play around. Plus no warps.

I run 4 Pokemon Rescues, and 1 Combee thats it. All you need is those cards.

First of all I don't play Gyarados, so no accusing me. >_> Warps aren't needed at all in the matchup as well.

dmaster out.

Well you had it built and we played a few games. Yeah rescues can work, but I prefer rescue energy because it can't be trainer locked, and gyarados doesn't need energy so it works nicely.

When your under trainer lock you use your cards really carefully. I beat a lot of trainner lock decks before. Not hard, you just need to know what you are doing.

Or you could play both? You should never be really iffy about playing trainers. Sure there is trainer lock, but all that means is that you shouldn't rely on Trainers. Besides, most gyarados play Regice to push away the annoying Spiritomb start. If you get 1 turn of trainers, you should do fine. Not using trainers because of trainer lock is like not using Uxie. Plox was around for a long time... and we still have Power Spray. Does that mean you shouldn't use powers? NO. People still use Uxie. Playing a mix of Rescue Energy and Pokemon Rescue is paramound. If you are playing against some deck that likes doing counters (or crobat), you'll only have 2 Gyarados if you use 1 PRescue and 1 Combee (DNUB >:{). That would be a poor game. 3-4 PRescue is very important in Dos...

Playing both is a good approach but what about cards that rely on you having special energy. Like the new Machamp?

Back