• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Gyarados seniors cities

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
Gyarados. Quite a deck.

4-3 Gyarados
4 Sableye
2 Crobat G
1 Combee
1 Regice
1 Uxie
1 Azelf

4 Poke Turn
4 Junk Arm
1 Volkner's Philosophy
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Poke Drawer +
2 Seeker
3 SSU
3 BTS
2 Pokemon Rescue
2 Expert Belt
2 Luxury Ball
2 Bebe's Search
2 PONT
1 VS Seeker
1 Buck's Trainig

3 Warp Energy
4 Rescue Energy

The strategy of the deck is to set up a quick Gyarados doing 60-110 a turn and recover obscenely fast with both types of rescues. Uxie for draw, Sableye is the starter, Regice to discard.

Any comments?

Junk arm in not key in gyrados because you cant fish it out with sabelye turn 1.
So
-2 Junk arm
+1-1 Luxray gl

what the heck? why would you say no junk arm?you need MORE junk arm. 2 isn't enough. you wanna get those belts back and maybe luxury ball too.

-1 gyarados
-1 crobat G
-1 black belt
-2 twins
+ 1-1 DGX(for vileplume and other bodies such as mewprime.)
+2 junk arm
+ 1 luxury ball. (2 for consistency, if you have on in your hand and already used one, discard with your supporters,regice or junk arm)

-1 uxie
+1 warp. very much needed.
-1 pokemon rescue
+1 rescue energy.

good luck with this deck. im playing this build(exept the changes i gave you) at cities. so far the only deck that beatme was magnezone.

(oh, and the DGX is for scizor prime,also)

The only thing he's right about is taking out the black belt, maybe twins. Take out the Black Belt for a rescue energy.

Drop 2 Uxie's.
They will ruin the ability to discard with volkners ( If you can't draw cards with it you can't play it)
And they aren't needed that much.
Add in 1-1 Luxray GL Lv.x
-1 Black belt
+1 Expert Belt.

I would consider taking out an Uxie and a Crobat for a 1-1 Luxray GL Lv.X line. You run Poke Turn which can reuse the Power, have Seeker and SSU to pick all the Powers back up if needed, and provides general disruption in the form that you can choose what you want to cool. It really is quite an effective tech that I recommend.

dmaster out.

so sorry but cannot afford luxray gl x. my change is

-1 black belt
-1 uxie
+1 luxury ball
+1 rescue

I doubt you will ever need 4 gyarados, with the rescue energy and pokemon rescue, the most you'll ever need is 3. In fact, when I play gyarados, I usually spend all match with the same gyarados, either healing it with seeker pickups or rescuing and relaying it quick.

How about taking one out and putting in either a ditto or a combee
ditto helps a lot in the ditto matchup, and combee just helps in general and especially in trainer lock when you won't be able to use your rescues
Overall I'd say combee but your choice

i think i should stick with 4 gyarados, because i can draw easier into one and get faster setup. i ran ditto and combee in 2010 LCQ. i am actually dropping a crobat g for combee.

whoa i had no idea how far off i am from my testing list. I test with the posted. so far i have not had many problems.

i just won my cities with this exact list.(im a senior)

4-3 gyarados
1-1 luxray gl x
4 sableye
1 regice
2 crobat g
2 uxie
1 azelf
1 combee(honey)

T/S/S
3 pokemon collector
3 broken time space
3 expert belt
4 junk arm
4 poketurn
3 pokemon rescue
2 super scoop up
2 bebe's search
1 luxury ball
1 twins
3 seeker
2 volkner's philosophy
2 pokemon communication

energy..

3 resuce
2 warp
2 cyclone

i can do most of that. however i don't feel like i need cyclone. after some thought i decided to make these changes.

-1 ssu
+1 lux ball
-3 volkner's philosophy
+2 junk arm
+1 ditto
-1 bts
-1 pont
-1 vs seeker
-1 twins
+4 poke drawer +

this gives my deck a more trainer based search engine but makes my vilegar matchup REALLY bad. how can i improve the matchup keeping this search engine? i can't run DGX for cities so...

dude, you don't need pokedrawer, cyclone is there for whenever ever they're locking you with spiritomb you can just cyclone it back and then use your trainers, or send back the tomb and them send up something like gastly and then knock it out,cyclone is very much needed.

i do think poke drawer is needed, it speeds up search. junk arm works very well with it.

i can regice around the tomb.

Back