• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Guzzlord GX Playability

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
For pre-release at my local shop, me and my friend want to pull a Guzzlord GX so we can just destroy the competition with first turn powerups. The only other thing I can think of is a clunky Whimsicott deck that could offer three attack wins. leave your ideas for me to review.

KabuTopgun

Revived Ninja.
For pre-release at my local shop, me and my friend want to pull a Guzzlord GX so we can just destroy the competition with first turn powerups. The only other thing I can think of is a clunky Whimsicott deck that could offer three attack wins. leave your ideas for me to review.
If you're talking about Whimsicott, why not aim for a 1 attack win? lol
Or just add some Greedy Dice shenanigans for even more hilarity...

However, if 'first turn power up' is the goal, there are already Kiawe-based decks; Ho-oh GX being the common focus, but no the only option.

I think your best bet is a Golisopod GX/Zoroark deck with a couple Guzzlord GX for a finishing blow(also gives you Zoroark GX after pre-release for filtering through a high energy count). Note that Guzzlord's 'Slurp Up' attack only says 'Energy' and not 'Basic Energy'; this is different than other self-mill engines and allows you to play 4x Rainbow Energy and 2-4 Counter Energy for consistency and hybridisation.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
If you're talking about Whimsicott, why not aim for a 1 attack win? lol
Or just add some Greedy Dice shenanigans for even more hilarity...

However, if 'first turn power up' is the goal, there are already Kiawe-based decks; Ho-oh GX being the common focus, but no the only option.

I think your best bet is a Golisopod GX/Zoroark deck with a couple Guzzlord GX for a finishing blow(also gives you Zoroark GX after pre-release for filtering through a high energy count). Note that Guzzlord's 'Slurp Up' attack only says 'Energy' and not 'Basic Energy'; this is different than other self-mill engines and allows you to play 4x Rainbow Energy and 2-4 Counter Energy for consistency and hybridisation.
Guzzlord GX can't really benefit from Counter Energy, though.