Gumshoos-GX/Stakataka (UNB)

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I'm 100% cereal!

Looking for the best possible build for this deck, but keeping it's theme, any ideas?

I got the core so far:

Pokemon:

4 Stakataka (UNB)
2 Yongoos
2 Gumshoos-GX

Items:

4 Nest Ball
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Buff Padding
2 Looker Whistle

Supporters:

4 Looker

Just can't decide on the best engine and supporter line up, :)

Hey! I love Gumshoos-GX as a pokemon, so I was interested to see this. What is your rationale for using these Pokemon. Some sort of stall deck, with Stakataka as a wall? A couple thoughts: Gumshoos really lost a lot of its value with the lavender town stadium, I'd say - it does its ability for the price of just plopping down a stadium. I get that you will be trying to get down to 3 or less prizes so that your Stakataka has the 200HP, but I think there are more worthy ways to sacrifice prizes.

Moved thread from the Deck Garage to the Competitive Play Forum because the OP is asking for help on building a list, not providing a list~

It began as a meme deck, that I'm attempting to modernize, but Mismagius is the only thing I can think of that turns your prize clock without vaiting the opponent.

But the idea is not only to wall with Stakataka, but to attempt that 110 + mill attack as well.

man I don't get it! Could you please explain a bit more? Anyway, fliptini is a must if you are interested in milling!

It's a meme deck, of the political variety. Haha.

Fliptini? I forgot about him, definitely an important mechanical piece for those no heads turns!

How about adding a few Stakataka GX to the deck, to increase your regular Stakataka's HPs even more?

The main reason I swapped them was the attack and making the deck not a 2-prize gift box. Also would jeed several GX to bypass what I'd get out of Buff Padding.

The main reason I swapped them was the attack and making the deck not a 2-prize gift box. Also would jeed several GX to bypass what I'd get out of Buff Padding.

Pour quoi pas les deux?

You could have 8 total Stakataka - 4 regular 4 GX, since they're separate Pokémon. Then you can adjust on the fly - against GX heavy hitter decks you play mostly the GXs, and against single prize decks you play mostly/all single prize version.

But the board could be something like:

Stakataka (attacker) + Buff Padding
StakatakaGX StakatakaGX StakatakaGX GumshoosGX Stakataka+Buff Padding

Then your main has effectively 280 hp if your opp is at 3 prize cards or less (and really more, as you get to use those reductions each turn).

My point being that I don't have room to stream them both as attackers with those energy requirements. The deck just not have enough room to support both except for using exclusively for the buff, and at that point, it's just a sitting target.

If you are interested in keeping up in prizes, you can set up a lusamine prism into naganadel-gx stinger turn (use a TAE) when your opponent is down to 3 prizes. Then just giovanni or acerola the naganadel and tank hits while attacking with stakas (with the help of beast ring).

If you are more interested in milling, diglett and giovanni combined with brooklet hill and a brock every now and then can help. Gumshoos does have one big hit in him, for cheap, so it's not a terrible card at all, although a reshizard with 4 energy on is only taking 240 damage even with choice band. Maybe you can spread with koko or bench barrier mew early on to hit numbers later.

If you are utilizing gumshoos to the fullest you should be playing skull grunt for sure, and since you won't be doing much else early on if you go the stinger route, plumeria, hammers, counter catcher, etc. can slow them down and waste their resources.

Just a note that I dont think that Stakataka can use Buff Padding, as its ability says its maximum HP is now 200, not it gets +80 HP or anything like that.

t
Just a note that I dont think that Stakataka can use Buff Padding, as its ability says its maximum HP is now 200, not it gets +80 HP or anything like that.

I believe "maximum hp" refers to the number of HP the Pokémon starts with. I don't believe it prevents Buff Padding from working.

Back