Guide To Deck Building / Ascension

Emperor

???
Guide to Deck Building

After noticing the increase of people joining and wanting to start the game and lack of some sort of "beginners guide", i decided to go about and make one so that all new players have something to refer or be refered too.

So you discovered that after 5+ years of collecting Pokemon cards that you actually don't know how to go about building and and playing a deck. Well congratulations, as you've just made the right decision in life my friend and are finally going to be able to put those 200+ cards to good use (Hopefully).

In This guide you'll know everything you'll need to know about how to go about building a deck, the different types of strategies involved when building a deck, The different card types such as powerhouses, walls, spreaders .etc. as well as the do's and don'ts about building a deck and not to forget the trainers & Supporter section of a deck which is aguable one of the the most important parts of a deck. Be warned though as it does take time to actually be able to build a deck successfully without running in troubles along the way. But hey, that's the fun part about building a deck - Learning from mistakes.

Table of content
1. Where to Start?
2. Trainers & Supporters
3. Techs
4. Example
5. Summary

Remeber guys and gals that Ctrl + F is you friend. So if you want to skip a whole lot of scrolling and text then just press Ctrl + F and use he Table of Content to skip forward. Now lets get down to business

1. Where to Start?
First things first; You're going to need a pokemon to build this deck around. But what pokemon should i use and why? Good question. The anwser is, whatever pokemon you like. It may sound odd, but honestly the last thing new players what to do it spend money and time building a deck they don't like, it defeats the point of having fun. However i'll explain the different catergories pokemon fit in. In this section of the article you'll know what pokemon fits which catergory.

Powerhouse

r]

Those are your typical powerhouses - Pokemon that deal high amounts of damage. If you want your deck to hit hard then these are the types of pokemon you want to look out for. Your typical powerhouse type pokemon should usually hit between 100-150+ damage and yes there are pokemon that can hit well over 100 damage, but another important aspect of a powerhouse is its HP. 130HP and more is usually the standard for your typical Powerhouse pokemon. Building a deck around these guys are simple a generally all you would need to add is a way to make sure that pokemon is constantly hitting for that high damage, but for some, it's easier than others. For example lets look at that Reshiram as the focus of this Powerhouse Section. Lets start with a simple list, but we'll only be looking at the pokemon Line for now

So the main things to remember about a Powerhouse pokemon is:
*High HP
*High damage output

Speed Decks
The general problem with Powerhouses that they can be a little difficult to maintain the constant damage output and can be pretty slow in the stages of the game. However if you want to be able to dominate your opponent with blistering speed then these are the pokemon for you

These are your speed pokemon - Pokemon that have have low energy costs and moderate damage output which can set in as little as 2 turns. These type of pokemon generally have Low HP as they tend to be Basic or stage 1 pokemon, however as a result, it gives the deck alot of space for many good cards that aid in the speedy set-up. Low Retreat cost is a geneal aspect of speedy pokemon, to make up for their lack of damage they usually have the ability to be able to be set-up in multiples, otherwise known as a "Swarm" i.e - setting up 2+ Accelgor in the same turn , which is one of the greatest aspects of a speed pokemon. Again we'll go with a general pokemon list for a speed deck, for this one we'll use Accelgor:

Come one, come all! Ascension is a small and friendly Free Company looking for new AND experienced players to join our ranks. we are currently level 8 with a Free Company house. we're looking for players for dungeons/fates/raid and in the future; PvP, but if you need help getting through the story we can help you with that too. we're excepting anybody and everybody currently. If you're interested, just send me a /tell

Back