• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gud Doggo is good!

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
Hey all, been testing out a disruptive standard deck online and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Here's the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 2 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Rockruff PR-SM SM06
* 4 Lycanroc-GX PR-SM SM14

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 3 N DEX 96
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 6 Fighting Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

Deck is pretty straightforward: Play Gud Doggos, crunch energies, hit to key, and use Carbink Break to recover after a Gud Doggo falls or you blow something up with a GX attack. The rest of the deck is meant to work with the energy disruption and just be annoying. May look into adding in one of the other Lycanroc GX's from Guardians Rising when it comes out. Not sure yet.

So, what do ya think?

Edit:
So just as an update, currently it's won 22/31 games in standard vs online (win rate of 71% right now.) I do have a few issues where all of my draw/trainer's mail/ultra balls want to be in the bottom half of the deck, but I think that's more bad luck/rng than anything else.

Last edited:
My friend had an idea for LycanPlume which fits the disruptive angle you're going for very well. you'd basically be shutting off any acceleration that wasn't ability or attack based and knowing off an energy each turn with Lycanroc to keep them from powering up.

My friend had an idea for LycanPlume which fits the disruptive angle you're going for very well. you'd basically be shutting off any acceleration that wasn't ability or attack based and knowing off an energy each turn with Lycanroc to keep them from powering up.

Hm... pairing Lycanroc GX with Vileplume sounds cool on paper, but I worry about how clunky it would be. Vileplume to get set up fast enough needs FoGP and revitalizer, but that feels like wasted spots when your main attacker is a fighting type.

You'll have to tell me how well it works for him. I have some 'plumes left from my VileBees deck.

Giving this a little bump so it's back on the front page. Looking for ways to help prevent/minimize the bad rng keeping me off my draw support online.

I'm also looking to build the deck in paper but I don't have the change to drop on 2 Shaymins EX, especially since they'll be rotating out here in a few months. My local league is pretty low-power so losing them shouldn't hurt too badly. Any ideas for some suitable replacements until I can try to get a hold of a Tapu Lele or 2?

Giving this a little bump so it's back on the front page. Looking for ways to help prevent/minimize the bad rng keeping me off my draw support online.

I'm also looking to build the deck in paper but I don't have the change to drop on 2 Shaymins EX, especially since they'll be rotating out here in a few months. My local league is pretty low-power so losing them shouldn't hurt too badly. Any ideas for some suitable replacements until I can try to get a hold of a Tapu Lele or 2?

A good option over Shaymin right now is Oranguru. Despite not being able to set up nearly as well as Shay, Oranguru can get into play fairly quickly, has better HP and is only knocked out for 1 prize. You could use Octillery instead, however it doesn't really fit in this deck.

A good option over Shaymin right now is Oranguru. Despite not being able to set up nearly as well as Shay, Oranguru can get into play fairly quickly, has better HP and is only knocked out for 1 prize. You could use Octillery instead, however it doesn't really fit in this deck.

Yeah I was thinking I'd go with a pair of Orangurus, especially since I have them already and all.

Back