• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Greninja / Decidueye / Espeon

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone!

Haven't been here in a while but I wanted some advice on a deck I've been building that isn't for anything competitive. I used to play quite competitively throughout the Black /White era and early XY as you'll see by my card choices so far.

This deck is based off my 3 favourite Pokemon (see title) and I don't really want to change up the Pokemon line up, unless it is for other versions of the same Pokemon that I might not have heard of. I'd also really like advice for the Trainer line-up as I have no knowledge of whats new and used these days.

Here's the current list:

Pokemon:
3 Greninja-GX (Promo SM197 - Detective Pikachu Set)
3-1-3 Decidueye-GX (Sun and Moon Base Set 12/149 - Rowlet and Dartrix from same set)
1 Espeon EX (Breakpoint - 52/122)
1-1 Espeon (Dark Explorers 48/108, Eevee from Furious Fists I believe)

Trainers:
4x Professor Juniper
4x N
2x Skyla
1x Lysandre
1x Colress

2x Virbank City Gym

4x Hypnotoxic Laser
4x Rare Candy
4x Ultra Ball
3x Level Ball
3x Muscle Band
2x VS Seeker
1x Computer Search ACE SPEC

Energy:
4x Double Colourless Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x Water Energy

So the main strategy, if you can call it that, is to turbo out Decidueye while emptying your hand to drop Greninja to the field and draw 3. Using Greninja and Decidueye you want to put as many damage counters on the board and then use Espeon EX to devolve your opponents Pokemon (assuming they are GX) which will generally knock out the weaker pre-evolutions.

Virbank and Hypnotoxic was an epic combo when I played which is why its here, also forces switches while putting damage on the field. Supporter lineup was also pretty standard when I played but I'm not sure if there are better things I can play.

As I mentioned before, I don't want to deviate from the main component which is Greninja / Decidueye / Espeon but if there's anything I can add to enhance the strategy and make it better I'd love to hear it.

Edit: just discovered the Greninja GX and its EVO line from Forbidden Light. Thinking of throwing in some number of this line as it places Damage Counters quite freely. This should make Espeon EX more useful.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
SS

Last edited:
Back