Help Greninja BREAK 2017-2018 Rotation

Hi Auouch - welcome to the game! Always glad to greet new players.

The key word is "this" ... By specifically using the word "this" the designers indicated their intent to allow a player to use muliple Shurikens in a single turn. It is very common for the Greninja player to shuriken at the beginning of a turn, retreat, shuriken again with another greninja break, and then subsequently attack. It is very common to see two Shurikens in a turn, very rare to see a player shuriken, retreat, shuriken, guzma, and then shuriken again. It means you have to have 3 breaks evolved, 3 basic water cards, and a guzma in hand. Also, if you do have the third energy, you're usually better off using it to attack than to shuriken. But I've executed it a few times and it's always a great moment when you get to pull it off.

Alas, Greninja has fallen on hard times of late though. I don't think any card has had as many counter cards created for the sole purpose of stopping it. From promo Giratina, to Sylveon GX's Plea attack, to Buluvolt and Golisopod, and now Pheromosa GX, there are a TON of decks that are running around out there that are autolosses for greninja.

But that was an excellent question please feel free to pm me if you have any others. I'm 21times on ptcgo feel free to send me an invite if you'd like to see the triple shuriken in action.

If you ran any Tapu Lele. I think you would have to run ninja boy to keep it out play. Which just slows you down. Even if you do get a Brigette. Lele is a liability in this deck. You may wanna consider a Milotic (CRI) line for TLC if you are going to run any other Pokemon.

Back