• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Greens Vs Jirachi Reshizard Post Rotation

Mr.Pond

Aspiring Trainer
Hey yall. I posted a similar thread in the Competetive TCG section. I played Jirachi before but I feel like Greens is the better counter meta pick and I think it will do better against the good decks in the meta. I provided 2 lists for my builds. You don't need to give your opinion on both but pick the one you think will perform better I guess lol. Thanks you guys!
****** Reshizard Green ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 2 Reshiram & Charizard-GX UNB 20
* 4 Volcanion UNB 25
* 1 Mewtwo UNB 75
* 1 Eevee & Snorlax-GX TEU 120

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 4 Cherish Ball UNM
* 2 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 1 Lt. Surge's Strategy UNB 178
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 2 Power Plant UNB 183
* 4 Welder UNB 189
* 4 Great Potion UNM
* 1 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 2 Switch CES 147
* 2 Fiery Flint DRM 60
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 1 Heat Factory ◇ LOT 178
* 4 Mixed Herbs LOT 184
* 2 Giant Hearth UNM
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM

##Energy - 10

* 10 Fire Energy SUM 165

Total Cards - 60

****** Reshizard Jirachi ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 2 Reshiram & Charizard-GX UNB 20
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Mewtwo & Mew-GX UNM
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 1 Heatran-GX UNM
* 4 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Cherish Ball UNM
* 4 Great Potion UNM
* 2 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 3 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 4 Welder UNB 189
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 2 Tag Switch UNM
* 1 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Switch CES 147
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 1 Heat Factory ◇ LOT 178
* 3 Giant Hearth UNM
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy SUM 165

Total Cards - 60

I'm not sure of the Mewtwo UNB75 in the Green's list, I know it's a guaranteed Welder (or Green's) for next turn, but you don't have a way of searching it and it's then prize bait on the bench.

Overall I'm a fan of Jirachi, but you have to be very careful how many 1 prize basics you play down as more than 2 means you're liable to get gazumped with only 1 Reshizard going down. That would leave you with room for only 1 Jirachi and 1 Volcanion on the field over the course of the game which doesn't feel great. It's easy to forget about the prize math now that Guzma is out, but there are still ways of gusting so it's important to take into account.

Based on that I would say Green's is probably the most reliable build.

Last edited:
Back