• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Grass Box

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 19
3x Shining Genesect
3x Venusaur (SHL)
1x Ivysaur
3x Bulbasaur
1x Lurantis (promo)
2x Lurantis-GX
2x Fomantis
4x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 32
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
2x Acerola
1x Brigette

4x Ultra Ball
3x Fighting Fury Belt
3x Rare Candy
3x Field Blower (crippled by Garb)
3x Revitaliser
1x Float Stone
1x Counter Catcher (come CRI)

Energy: 9

9x Basic Grass

Please leave advice below!

Doesn't look very "boxy" to me but here we go.

- Is 4 Tapu Lele absolutely necessary? I find 2 to be sufficient. If you really need it that much, keep it at 3

- I, for one, don't like 4 N; as it gives your opponent a new hand every time, and most times its not too effective. I would go to 3 N and add a Wicke, Shauna, Judge, or (dare I say) Ilima.

- I would definitely add more attackers, as the only "real" attackers are Genesect and the occasional Lurantis GX

Personally I would play more lurantis GX since it's your early game, powering up you genesect and while you se up your venusaur. Getting your venusaur and using lurantis gx attack could for a surprise big attack to pressure your opponents early is great because this is what i founded lurantis gx attack is the most useful way to use it. Using lurantis attack let you put a grass energy on two genesect wich meam once your venusaur is in play, you only need one more attachment to get going an . also punishing your opponent if they take too long KO ing your lurantis because you'll have alot of power in those genesect. Honestly i think I will try this more lurantis heavy variant at my local league onve SHL is out nice idea overall.

Ps. One copy of the non gx tapu bulu could be a good addition too

Doesn't look very "boxy" to me but here we go.

- Is 4 Tapu Lele absolutely necessary? I find 2 to be sufficient. If you really need it that much, keep it at 3

- I, for one, don't like 4 N; as it gives your opponent a new hand every time, and most times its not too effective. I would go to 3 N and add a Wicke, Shauna, Judge, or (dare I say) Ilima.

- I would definitely add more attackers, as the only "real" attackers are Genesect and the occasional Lurantis GX
While it's true that N gives your opponent a new hand, he's still good for messing up Beacons, Magical Ribbons, and Algorithms; N is also good for shrinking a winning opponent's hand in the late game. 4 N is preferred even in the new format because he's the second-best draw supporter in the format. Wicke and Ilima are bad versions of N, the former for keeping your opponent's hand size the same, and the latter for relying on coin flips.

Since only one of Venusaur's ability works at a time, maybe you should consider 2-1-2 instead? It seems like this deck would be super tight on bench space.

Well the deck really looks like 'Shining Genesect/Venusaur', which is just fine; not everything has to be a toolbox and some types are just better suited for it, such as Dark.
So why not run a 4th Shining Genesect and focus more on non-GX Pokemon to effectively race your opponent?
You may benefit from Alolan Vulpix with Alolan Ninetales(non-GX); Vulpix for search and Ninetales as a foil to both your Weakness and GX/EX pokemon. Would require a couple water energy, but at least the double colourless part is covered by a Venusaur-powered Grass energy.

I wonder how Wishful Baton might go in this; retaining 3 energy cards when they're worth double seems pretty good.
As much as I like the defensive aspect of Fighting Belt(so I wouldn't replace them completely, though they can be risky vs Scrapper) the extra 10 damage isn't needed; Genesect already hits for 130, 170, 210 and 250, respectively. Those integers are what make it a great card IMO; all meta relevant in some way, without buffs.

Last edited:
Back