• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Granbull

Rider1313

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 3 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Snubbull LOT 137
* 4 Granbull LOT 138
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Red's Challenge UNB 184
* 2 Diantha FLI 105
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Wondrous Labyrinth {*} TEU 158
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131
* 3 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 2 Great Ball SUM 119

##Energy - 6

* 6 Fairy Energy GEN 83

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So i have been playing Granbull since it came out and even with all the big tag teams running around, i kept playing it against better judgement. recently i have added in reds for more consistency but i am honestly needing help on ways to refine the decklist as it seems to clump up with supporters in some hands and other times it just runs as soon as it can. Also i would like just plain critique on my list as i think it makes people better players.

Mysterious is almost useless on this list, maybe only one might be useful, though, and personally I'm not a big fan of cards like Order pad; also, I can't see how you could have any problem with the supporters in hand, all can provide you at least 1 ultra ball to discard any excess of cards that you have (obviously if you spend all of them early in the game then you'll be in big troubles later).
BTW, Red's doesn't provide more consistency, rather, it's just a leverage that should help you to both get the exact card you need and get rid of the excess of cards in hand (for instance, in the case where you mentioned you're problems with), at the big cost of use your supporter of the turn and lose a couple of usually "random" (but potentially useful either immediately or later) cards, so is always uncertain how much detrimental would be these cons in any game at the short and long term, for that reason I wouldn't play the full set, especially playing magcargo as well.

Some cards like fiery flint and Viridian forest could help, but they're a double-edge sword.

Anyway, current meta is just to fast and unfortunately it seems Grandbull can't keep in step.

Back