Fun Goomy's X Nuzlocke

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
It's taken a while, but here's the next part. although technically last time I just said I wanted to get it done by Thursday, I never specified which Thursday.

Now I finally have access to Route 18, I head there from Anistar City - after a brief call from the Professor to ask to meet me in Couriway Town. I know the two Pokemon I'd really like to get one of in this route, and I get lucky; Becky the Durant is the latest addition to my team -I mean my first choice would be Lairon, but I'm not complaining-. She actually comes with a good moveset already (Bug Bite/Crunch/Iron Head/Dig), and after quickly replacing Bug Bite with X-Scissor I think she'll be a good addition to my team. Notably she provides Steel type coverage, which is gonna come in really handy next Gym -I feel like it's a bit ironic that Ice has 4 weaknesses and I have only one move on my entire team that hits Ice for SE damage, that being Mabel's Superpower, so I'm glad I now have my lil Durant to give me an advantage over them-.

Heading back to battle a few trainers, Mabel deals with a Stunfisk easily, however during a battle with a Mienshao some Bounce-and-Fly-being-unable-to-hit-the-opponenent-shenanigans a) leaves me annoyed but more importantly it b) almost ends Batsy Stone's time on my team. Key word almost; my trusted Batsy lives to Fly another day. I also try out Becky against a trainer with a Scolipede and a Pinsir, and it doesn't take much effort for my ant to come out victorious. A Black Belt makes a comment about how he'll bake cookies if he beats me -I want cookies now-, but his Sawk and Pangoro go down pretty easily. I end up in a small room of Terminus Cave, so I decide to catch my Pokemon for this area; my first encounter is a a Horde of 5 Durant - but as I'm playing with the species clause I run from them. Shortly after that, I find another new Pokemon - and it's another Durant. Don't get me wrong, I do like Durant - but not enough to have 7 of them on my team. I then try my luck a third time, and this time I get gifted with a Sandslash. I'm not unhappy; I have a soft spot for Sandslash, however I decide to leave it out of my team for the time being, since I already have two good Ground types in Garchomp and Krookodile.
Heading down the route, I encounter no less than 3 Lairon -I don't know what I've done to warrant this, since that was what I really wanted this route and having it rubbed in my face like that feels like karma for some wrongdoing-, then I battle another trainer quickly, with Durant quickly making short work of them.

I actually didn't realise how short this route is, as I then find myself in Couriway Town. After quickly healing up my team, I start exploring around, then I encounter Professor Sycamore. He thanks me for saving the world -I mean I don't wanna get funny but seriously why should it have been my task to do isn't there any sort of law enforcement in Kalos- and then I find myself in battle with him. He starts off with a Venusaur, which Becky deals with fairly easily, although a couple of Petal Dances do a fair amount of damage on her, even with her 4x resistance to Grass. Froaklin makes quick work of his Charizard, but his Blastoise is where it gets a bit tricky, since I don't actually have anything to hit it for SE damage. I eventually give the job to Batsy Stone, and using Toxic at least means that I can get its HP down quickly. Although a misclick of using Toxic twice rather than an actual attacking move does inconvenience me, it doesn't provide too much trouble, and I conveniently dodge Blastoise's Skull Bash by using Fly. He then mentions that he's left a treasure in this Town, but I'm lazy and can't be bothered to find it.
I then do a bit more exploring, and I come across a small, surf-able pond, so I decide I may as well catch a Pokemon there. I find a Floatzel, which I catch and send to the PC since I already have Greninja for my Water type.

Heading downwards on to Route 19, I go straight for the purple flowers to find my Pokemon for this route, and I encounter a Weepinbell. I'm actually pretty happy, since Victreebel is somewhere in my top 10 Grass types (or at least it was when I was last bothered to actually list them lmao) plus I've been wanting a Grass type. But I'm a bit torn on swapping any Pokemon out; Froaklin, Batsy and Jan are my longest-standing team members and I'm not swapping them out at all, no questions asked. Mabel provides useful Ice type coverage (as well as having a good Fighting type move with Superpower), Chompy is a Garchomp and I'm not going to pretend that Garchomp isn't an amazing mon, and I specifically wanted Durant -well really I wanted Lairon- as its Steel typing gives me an advantage over the next Gym - especially since half of my team share a weakness to Ice. Which is a weakness that Victreebel also shares. However I do remember that there's a Water type E4 member, so a Grass type would be useful there. I'm not planning on changing my team at the moment, but I think I have a vague idea of how I'm going to go about things after the next Gym.

A couple of trainers later, I find myself in battle with Shauna; she starts off with a Delcatty, which Becky deals with pretty easily. Next up is Delphox, which I actually go to Chompy for, and Dig is an easy 1HKO on the fox. Finally, she sends out Goodra - and I keep my own Dragon in. It is a bit risky, but Garchomp's Dragon Claw knocks the Goodra out in one.
Afterwards, Tierno and the other rival who's name I forget come over, and I find myself in battle with Tierno. My Greninja deals with his Talonflame easily, however I plan on using Mabel against his Roserade; it goes for Petal Dance - and it's not enough to 2HKO my bear, so even though my first Icicle Crash misses I feel confident that next turn I'll -OH NO WHY IS IT GOING DOWN SO MUCH MORE THAN LAST TIME NO- 'Critical hit! Mabel fainted!'.
Now I am fuming. Batsy Stone quickly avenges her fallen teammate, and Becky, despite not being on my team for that long, gets revenge by defeating his Crawdaunt.
I then have my team healed -although I'm not using Mabel anymore- by whathisname and then he goes into battle with me. Becky takes more damage from his Raichu than I'd like, but she still comes out victorious. Froaklin 1-shots his Aerodactyl, and Batsy deals with his Florges easily.
I then receive the HM for Waterfall after beating them, which is nice I guess. I then have to quickly head back to the PC to re-organise my now Mabel-less team, replacing the bear with the Weepinbell I caught earlier in the route. Conveniently, I caught it at lv.47, which means it learned Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm immediately after I evolved it. After a bit more searching around the route, I find the TM for Sludge Bomb, which I also then teach to Victreebel. I also have a panic moment when a Zangoose uses X-Scissor on my Dark type Froaklin, but my frog didn't even go down to half of his HP from it.

In not much time, I'm in Snowbelle City. After exploring around the city, I decide to get a new outfit since I've been wearing the same one since Laverre City I think. After picking out a new dress, I decide it's time to head to the gym and get my 8th badge -of course the Gym Leader's out and I've got to go and find him-.

I'm gonna end things off here, since this has taken me more time than I'd have liked and I'm still a bit busy. Hopefully my next part will a) be sooner but I make no promises, and b) be everything between now and Victory Road.

Team:
Wendy the Victreebel -lv.49
Chompy the Garchomp - lv.53
Froaklin the Greninja - lv.57
Jan the Krookodile - lv.57
Batsy Stone the Crobat - lv.58
Becky the Durant - lv.51

death list:
Azurill
Riolu
Ivysaur
Floette
Roselia
Eevee
Ms. Mime the Mr. Mime
Disclosure the Magneton
Blazer the Simisear
Blinky the Malamar
Goo Lord the Sliggoo
Scorpa the Drapion
Mabel the Beartic

Last edited:

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Even more stress and deaths I guess.

Btw,Sycamore's "treasure" can be found near a seat of the station.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I really need to start doing these more often

Starting from where I left off having found out that the Leader of Snowbelle Gym isn't at the Gym, I head towards the Winding Woods. In the first patch of Grass, I find a Trevenant - which is actually a Pokemon I'm really fond of. I do already have my Grass type Victreebel, so I decide not to use it. I also have a bit of a panic when Victreebel poisons it, leaving it with very little HP. However, I catch it in the first ball I throw. Nicknaming it Spookyroot, I send it to the PC.
After going through several sections of the woods, I find a Meadow Plate. Even though such an item would be useful on my Victreebel, I'm really here to get the Gym Leader to actually do his job find the Gym Leader and challenge him. I then battle twins who, despite claiming will be the toughest twins in the world, have yet to learn that two pure Fairy types (Aromatisse and Slurpuff) aren't a match for a Poison type and a Steel type (Wendy and Becky, respectively). Also they don't seem to have learnt their type matchups, with the Aromatisse - who barely survived a hit from Victreebel - using Psychic, not against the Victreebel with a Psychic weakness, but against the Durant who resists Psychic -I mean good for them for covering their weakness, but bad for them for not knowing which weakness they're covering I guess-. I then come across a large tree with a Poke Fan there to battle; Wendy wins the battle in two hits, 1HKOing both her Snubbull and their Granbull.

After being lost in the woods for a fair bit of time, I finally come across the Pokemon Village. The Gym Leader Wulfric introduces himself to me, and explains a bit more about the village. In the flowers, I encounter a Gothorita. Catching it quickly, I send it to the PC, as I'm pretty happy with my team as it is. Although I do quite like Gothitelle so I wouldn't be opposed to putting it on my team. After a bit more exploring in the village, I head back to Snowbelle City to finally get my eighth Gym Badge. Even though Ice has several weaknesses, I actually don't have many counters to Ice types on my team - Becky and Froaklin being my only Pokemon that aren't weak to Ice (luckily both of them resist it), with everything else being weak to it, with Garchomp in particular having a double weakness to it -it's at this point I wish I still had my Simisear that met its fate in Frost Cavern-.

The first trainer uses a Sneasel and a Cloyster; Becky deals with the Sneasel and I go to Froaklin for the Cloyster. I would consider using Victreebel since it has the Grass advantage over Cloyster's Water type, but I don't wanna risk anything happening to it. And anyway, Froaklin's Extrasensory is a 2HKO and all ends well. The second trainer starts off with a Delibird -and I learn a lesson in why we always make sure we pick the right move-, accidentally clicking Dig which is more or less a waste of two turns, since Delibird is immune to Ground. However Iron Head takes the bird down. Similarly to the first trainer, I go to Froaklin for the second Pokemon - a Mamoswine, which goes down to Surf easily.
After the battle, I realise that I have literally no idea what I'm doing with this Gym puzzle and end up getting stuck and going backwards and forwards several times over. After finally figuring it out -I'm almost ashamed at how at a loss I was at this- I battle the third trainer; her Cryogonal goes down easily to Durant, her Piloswine to Victreebel, and her Jynx to Greninja. The final trainer has a Beartic and a Vanilluxe, both of which my Durant deals with easily. After a quick trip to heal my team up, it's time to finally face Wulfric.

He starts off with an Abomasnow, me with Durant. X-Scissor doesn't quite do enough to 1HKO it, but he uses two Hyper Potions on it, which is kind of useful since the snow-covered-tree-yeti isn't much of a threat. Next up is Avalugg, which I actually go to Froaklin for, just since I remember it has lower special defence than regular defence. Surf does a sizeable amount of damage, and in two hits the iceberg is no more. He finishes with Cryogonal, which is almost 1HKO'd by Froaklin's Night Slash, but doesn't really do anything besides set up Hail. After a second turn, the snowflake is KO'd and the Iceberg Badge and the TM for Ice Beam are mine. I'm actually quite happy I have this TM; I've been missing having Ice coverage since Mabel got KO'd, and even though it isn't an Ice type, I can still teach Greninja Ice Beam for the coverage.

Leaving the Gym, I get advised to go to the Pokemon League -what else did they think I was gonna do- to challenge the Elite Four and take my rightful place as the Champion. Heading on to Route 21, I go to the red flowers to encounter my Pokemon for this route, and I'm gifted with an Altaria. I actually like Altaria a fair bit, however I already have both a Dragon type and a Flying type on my team, so even though I catch it, I decide not to use it.

Facing the first trainer, Victreebel deals with her Sableye easily, however her Crustle proves a bit more challenging. Durant's Iron Head takes it down to red HP, but after a Shell Smash it outspeeds my ant - and a +2 attack Rock Wrecker is a 1HKO on my ant -and even though I'm kind of disappointed, at least it was after the Ice Gym-. In a kind-of-weird-perhaps way I'm glad it used Rock Wrecker, as it means I can send something in without fear, since it now has to recharge. Now I have to go back to edit my team a bit -of course the time I've got everything good and how I like it I have this happen to me- and I end up putting the Gothorita that I caught in Pokemon Village in my team. (The only other mons I have that are close to my team in terms of levels are Sandslash, Trevenant and Altaria, and I already have 4/5 of the types they provide on my team, with Trevenant's Ghost typing being the only one I don't have) It is about 10 levels below the rest of my team, but I plan to do a bit of bait-and-switching to try and get it levelled up in time for the E4.
Going off to the side, I'm battled by someone using a Hippowdon and an Aurorus; I switch into Froaklin to deal with the Hippowdon, but annoyingly it uses Yawn and then Protect, leaving it with full HP and my Greninja asleep. However, after using an Awakening, it 1HKOs the hippo. The Aurorus leaves Froaklin with very little HP left due to an unexpected Thunderbolt, but thankfully doesn't KO it. I debate whether to teach Garchomp Draco Meteor or not, but I end up leaving his moveset as it is -ngl a big factor in that is due to my Chompy having a much higher Attack stat than Sp.A stat-.
Back on the route, I battle a Vileplume/Wailord combo with Batsy Stone and Froaklin. Despite the Vileplume having a type advantage over my Greninja, it ends up hitting Crobat with Petal Dance. Neither of the two Pokemon pose much of an issue. Gothorita also evolves after the battle, having gotten enough exp to level up. I then find a puzzle area with a bunch of Strength rocks and Cut trees, but as I don't have Cut on any Pokemon, I pass for the time being. I go into the large building, where someone asks to see all my Gym Badges and then challenges me to a battle. His Kingdra proves somewhat difficult, but overall I manage to beat him.

Not wanting to leave the last route not-fully-finished, I quickly replace Froaklin's Ice Beam with Cut -thank Arceus for infinite use TMs- and head back to the Strength/Cut puzzle area. I actually have fun figuring out where to go and what to do (a bit off story, I've always liked these sort of puzzles in the games). Eventually, I find the TM for SolarBeam - I don't know if I'll actually teach it to any of my team members; even Victreebel already has Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm, both of which are plenty good enough for most situations. Plus they don't take two turns to use.
I also know that the Earthquake TM is on Route 22, so I decide to pick that up before venturing into Victory Road. I am faced by a trainer, but their team isn't very hard, and are at a substantially lower level than my team. A quick Strength puzzle later, and the Earthquake TM is mine. I also pick up a Draco Plate, which is pretty nice to have. I then discover a mysterious cave, which I decide to explore because who wouldn't want to explore a mysterious cave?! However, it only seems to contain a Spooky Plate, without even any Pokemon inside -unless I just got lucky with none attacking me lmao-.

Afterwards, I quickly go to Dendemille Town, just to use the move deleter to remove Cut from Froaklin. Whilst I'm in moveset-sorting-out mode, I finally have my Garchomp learn Earthquake, and I also teach it Flamethrower for good measure. After this, I feel ready to take on Victory Road and make my way to the Pokemon League. Which will happen in another 3 weeks time soon.

Team:
Lulu the Gothitelle - lv.50
Wendy the Victreebel - lv.55
Chompy the Garchomp - lv.56
Batsy Stone the Crobat - lv.60
Froaklin the Greninja - lv.61
Jan the Krookodile - lv.60

death list:
Azurill
Riolu
Ivysaur
Floette
Roselia
Eevee
Ms. Mime the Mr. Mime
Disclosure the Magneton
Blazer the Simisear
Blinky the Malamar
Goo Lord the Sliggoo
Scorpa the Drapion
Mabel the Beartic
Becky the Durant

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Heading into Victory Road, I'm almost immediately challenged by a trainer using a Weavile; Froaklin deals with it pretty easily. I then get my encounter for this area, which turns out to be a Druddigon. It actually proves to be quite a pain to catch, almost KOing Jan -and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I would probably cry if I lost Jan this close to the end-, but luckily nothing bad happens. After using about half of my Ultra Ball supply -granted I only had like 8 or 9 on me but still- I send it to the PC, although it does already have Superpower and Night Slash so I know that it'll provide good coverage if I were to use it. The next trainer uses a Steelix, which provides no challenge to Froaklin and an Electrode, which provides no challenge to Chompy -although it did kind of annoyingly set Light Screen up-. I try out using Lulu on their Kangaskhan, however its Shadow Claw did too much damage for me to be comfortable, and on top of that Lulu's Psychic didn't even get it down to 3/4s of its HP. Fortunately Jan was there to come to the rescue, and two Earthquakes later I had won the battle. Shortly after, I'm battled by a trainer with a Machamp, which Batsy 1HKO's with Fly. Another trainer uses a Hawlucha and a Mienshao, but annoyingly the Mienshao uses Bounce whilst Batsy is in the air, meaning Batsy doesn't hit it at all, and on top of that my bat gets Paralysed. After a bit of trouble, I finally hit it with Fly and 1HKO it.

Heading outside, Jan deals with a trainer using a Haxorus. After a quick walk, I'm back in a cave; Lulu does most of the work with a trainer's Medicham, but after Thunderpunch paralysing her -what is it with me getting unlucky with paralysis inducing moves? First Batsy, now Lulu - and I have literally no items capable of healing Paralysis-, and getting low on HP in general, Chompy steps in to finish the job. I then take a quick break to re stock on my Full Heals, then go back to where I left off.
A battle with an Espeon doesn't provide too much trouble for Jan, and then Batsy and Lulu team up against a Gallade/Medicham duo; however Lulu takes more damage from a Night Slash than I'd have liked, and on top of that, Light Screen had been set up on their side so Psychic didn't even do that much against Gallade. However, Chompy to the rescue! The land-shark-dragon and Batsy teamed up to easily knock out the Gallade (Batsy 1HKO'd the Medicham on turn 2 with Fly).

I'm then outside again, and a Fairy Tale Girl provides a nice chance for Wendy to get in the spotlight, as she's been a bit out of action. An Azumarill goes down easily to Leaf Blade, and the girl's Florges is 2HKO'd with Sludge Bomb. She then deals with a Hex Maniac's Gourgeist.
Progressing past some ruins, my rival then suddenly pops up, talks about some stuff then I'm all of a sudden in battle with him! He starts with Meowstic, me with Wendy - but as that's a pretty bad type matchup, I go out to Jan. Jan takes a Fake Out with ease, and even Meowstic's Disarming Voice does barely enough to even think of worrying about, even with the type advantage. Crunch is an easy 1HKO on the cat.
He then sends out Vaporeon; I send Wendy in for real this time. I go big with a Leaf Storm, which takes it to about 1/3rd of its HP, and even though Aurora Beam does a fair amount of damage to my plant, Leaf Blade KOs it the next turn. He then sends out Altaria; it probably took longer to type this than it did for Froaklin to 1HKO it with Ice Beam. I take a bit of a risk, and send out Lulu against his Chesnaught. Seed Bomb takes exactly 50% of Lulu's HP, so I'm really unsure of whether to keep her in - I end up switching Victreebel back, and shortly afterwards I am victorious. His final Pokemon is Absol, which I end up going to Chompy against, just because why not. They say Absol can sense natural disasters - I wonder if it sensed the Earthquake that 1HKO'd it?
After the battle, he gives me Max Revives -which will probably never be used since that defeats the purpose of a Nuzlocke- which is a nice gesture but they'll probably rot in my bag forever.

Going back into the cave area, I think I accidentally miss a trainer, but oh well. I have a puzzle involving ledges, which I surprisingly get right first time. I'm battled by a Veteran with a Banette and a Leafeon; Froaklin deals with the Ghost, and Batsy with the Grass. Outside again, Lulu deals with an Artist's Smeargle -and surprise surprise she gets paralysed again- with ease. She then deals with a Veteran's Magcargo, but I think it's safer that she switches out when said Veteran uses a Scizor. Annoyingly I don't actually have a Fire move as I quickly replaced Chompy's Flamethrower for Rock Smash, but Batsy does a good enough job.

After surfing across a pond, I go up a waterfall - and after a brief surf up there, I battle a Hiker; Lulu deals with his Torkoal and his Golem pretty easily. I then find the TM for Dragon Claw, which is useful I guess -even though I doubt I'll need a team member that will need that TM, especially since Chompy's had it ever since he was a Gible-.
I then discover that rather than go up the waterfall, there's yet another part of the cave to surf in to. Doing that, I find and battle yet another trainer; this one using a Trevenant and a Gigalith. Batsy deals with the tree and Wendy with the rock. The next trainer uses Glaceon and Snorlax; Froaklin and Jan don't have much trouble with them.
The final trainer in Victory Road starts with Skarmory, which Lulu 2HKO's with Thunderbolt, although the bird does have X-Scissor which gets Lulu's HP quite low. I go to Chompy against his Alakazam, with Crunch solidly 1HKOing it. Finally he uses an Umbreon - which I go to Wendy for. However, Leaf Blade doesn't do masses of damage, and Payback does quite a lot on my plant, so I go to Jan instead.

After the battle, I arrive at the Pokemon League. After a quick trip back to Dendemille Town to remove Waterfall from Froaklin, and getting my items sorted out, it's time to face the Elite Four. well it will be in the next instalment but you get what I mean

Team:
Lulu the Gothitelle - lv.57
Wendy the Victreebel - lv.59
Chompy the Garchomp - lv.59
Jan the Krookodile -lv.64
Batsy Stone the Crobat - lv.64
Froaklin the Greninja - lv.64

death list:
Azurill
Riolu
Ivysaur
Floette
Roselia
Eevee
Ms. Mime the Mr. Mime
Disclosure the Magneton
Blazer the Simisear
Blinky the Malamar
Goo Lord the Sliggoo
Scorpa the Drapion
Mabel the Beartic
Becky the Durant

FireLizard

You should give to your Crobat another Flying type move like Air Slash.Fly isn't that useful since you can lost a turn,but you can still take it.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
You should give to your Crobat another Flying type move like Air Slash.Fly isn't that useful since you can lost a turn,but you can still take it.

It did have Acrobatics, but I deleted it when I gave it the Toxic/Venoshock combo for the Fairy Gym. I probably also won't put Acrobatics back on, since Crobat's been holding the King's Rock for quite a long time now. I'm not really that bothered about Fly taking two turns, and it usually does a good amount of damage on whatever I use it against.

FireLizard

It did have Acrobatics, but I deleted it when I gave it the Toxic/Venoshock combo for the Fairy Gym. I probably also won't put Acrobatics back on, since Crobat's been holding the King's Rock for quite a long time now. I'm not really that bothered about Fly taking two turns, and it usually does a good amount of damage on whatever I use it against.
Alright then,do what you want.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
This has taken a long time even for my standards. Long story short, I had to replace my 3DS which took a while, plus I've now got a kitten so pretty much everything non work related has been put on hold since I got her.

But anyway, Part The Final:

I'm gonna do this in a slightly different way; I'm gonna do separate sections for each E4 member, then one for the Champion.

Entering the Pokemon League, a couple trainers inform me that a) I can't go back once I start and b) the E4 use Fire, Water, Steel and Dragon moves. Then after going in another chamber, I encounter Malva, who explains a bit more about the whole thing to me.
After she leaves, I go in to her room and challenge her. She starts with Pyroar, me with Froaklin. Surf is an easy 1HKO. She then sends out Talonflame, which Froaklin also 1HKOs -so much for these being the strongest trainers-. Even though I'm not unhappy about this, I'm in the mood for a bit more of a challenge, so I switch to Chompy to use against her Torkoal. Earthquake doesn't quite do enough to KO it, she ends up using 2 Full Restores on it, but I am victorious. Finally she uses Chandelure -I can't count how many times I used that Pokemon in B/W/2-, which Jan 1HKOs with ease. Overall the only challenging moment of this battle was when I deliberately made it harder for myself, which is... debatably good I guess? She then congratulates me on winning.

Having come back from Malva, I decide to head to the next room. I'm greeted by a flood of water, then the Water type user, Siebold, challenges me. I start with Gothitelle, him with Clawitzer. Clawitzer's Dark Pulse is almost my first fatality of the Elite Four, but thankfully my Gothitelle survives, and Thunderbolt leaves it with around a third of its HP left. I switch to Wendy, but she takes a big chunk of HP from a Dark Pulse - easily over 50% of her HP is gone. I switch to Froaklin, who doesn't really care about being hit with a not-very-effective move. Luckily I score a critical hit, with Night Slash KOing it. Siebold then sends Barbaracle in; I'm in a bit of a pickle - I can't send Wendy in, as her HP is too low to risk anything and there's several levels difference between her and Barbaracle. Jan is weak to Water, so that's a bit out of the question. Lulu's HP is in the red, so I'm not gonna pretend that she's a viable option. My choice is between Chompy and Froaklin, but I end up using Chompy just since Earthquake is super effective against Barbaracle.
Batsy uses a Toxic/Confuse Ray strategy to deal with Gyarados, and Jan Crunches on his Starmie, leaving me the winner of the battle. He then discusses the subject of art with me, before I leave for my next challenge.

The next chamber I enter has two large swords in, with a knight on the other side of the room, so I correctly assume this is the Steel type room. Wikstrom talks to me briefly, but I don't actually catch what he says. The battle then starts; he first sends out Klefki, I use Jan. Klefki does use Torment - which is kind of annoying, not gonna lie, but then goes down to one Earthquake. He then goes to Aegislash, who takes not very damage to Chompy's Flamethrower. Chompy ends up taking a fair bit of damage from Iron Head, but then his next attack gets blocked via King's Shield. Earthquake is then successful, but it leaves it with the tiniest amount of HP left - and Iron Head KOs my dragon -I am kind of annoyed. I had such a soft spot for my Garchomp-. However, Froaklin avenges his fallen teammate and quickly deals with the sword&shield. Next up is Scizor, which is a bit tricky. Lulu, Jan and Froaklin are all weak to Bug, and Victreebel only has Poison and Grass moves, one of which Scizor is 4x resistant to and the other it has a straight up immunity to. By process of elimination, Batsy is my only real option; despite a few Iron Heads leaving her in the red HP zone, the bug goes down to a few Flies. Finally he sends out Probopass, which Jan deals with easily. Leaving the chamber, I head to my final battle.

Heading in to the final chamber, I'm greeted by a large pair of dragon wings and the final step between me and the champion; Drasna. She starts with Dragalge, myself with Jan. Earthquake is a solid 1HKO, and then I'm battling her Altaria - but Froaklin's Ice Beam makes short work of the cloudy dragon. She then uses Druddigon, which I keep Froaklin in for since I've no other super effective moves against it. Even though it's a critical hit, Ice Beam doesn't quite KO the dragon. Revenge then leaves Froaklin in the red zone. However, after using a Full Restore, Froaklin does enough damage that it's a definite 2HKO, but not enough that it'll warrant using another Full Restore. Finally she sends out Noivern, however I don't want to risk anything happening to Froaklin, so I decide to use Jan. After a few Crunches/Dragon Pulses, I realise that unless I want Jan KO'd, I'm gonna have to sacrifice something, and for the greater cause, I let Lulu be KO'd whilst I heal up Jan, who then finishes off the bat dragon. She then congratulates me for beating the Elite Four, and I leave to face the Champion of the Kalos Region.

Back in the main chamber, I see the large doors opening to the Champion's room. I'm ready. Batsy, Froaklin, Jan and Wendy are all ready for their final battle.
I go in, seeing what looks like a throne, but before I get to it, I'm taken to a room where I meet my final opponent, Diantha.
She starts with a Hawlucha, me with my own Flying type. I start with Fly, her with Swords Dance. Fly misses and she uses Poison Jab - but even at +2 attack, it still does little damage. Next up is Tyrantrum; I decide to go to Jan for this one. Earthquake makes short work, 1HKOing the fossilmon -which feels like poetic justice, considering what Grant's Tyrunt put me through all those months ago-. Next up is Goodra -and I am reminded of my old Sliggoo. How I wish I still had that Sliggoo on my team.- and I actually head to Wendy just because she's not really done anything. It was a bad idea; Fire Blast 1HKO'd her. I'm now down to Froaklin, Jan and Batsy Stone. I go to Jan, who deals with the Dragon. She then goes to Aurorus, and riskily I keep Jan in as she has Low Sweep. However, Low Sweep is an easy 1HKO. Batsy Stone then deals with Gourgeist easily.
Finally, she uses Gardevoir, which she immediately Mega Evolves. Moonblast 1HKOs Jan, so I then go to Batsy. Cross Poison leaves Gardevoir with the tiniest amount of HP left - but Psychic 1HKO's my bat.
It's down to Froaklin. My very first Pokemon, who's been with me this entire journey. She uses a Full Restore, but a critical Night Slash takes Gardevoir's HP down to the yellow zone. She then uses another Full Restore. Night Slash doesn't do enough to be a 2HKO, but with my fingers crossed I use it again. Gardevoir is left with her HP in the red zone, but a Moonblast spells the end of Froaklin. Even though we put up a good fight, it was just a bit too much.

My entire team is KO'd, leaving my nuzlocke unsuccessful, right at the end of the journey. I'm glad I made it this far, yes I would've liked to go all the way and win - but sometimes things don't work out like that.

Thanks for everyone who joined in this journey! It was the first real nuzlocke I've done, and I'm glad I've been able to share it with you here. Maybe if I get my life sorted out a bit I'll do another that won't take four months to complete.