• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Goomy/Meganium/Rhyperior/Charizard GX Real Mill

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
It’s not a stall deck, but still doesn’t focus on taking Prizes?
Is mill back?!

Pokémon: 20
3 [Lord] Goomy
3 Chikorita
3 Megainium
2 Rhyhorn
2 [Mr.] Rhyperior
1 Charmander
1 [Lord] Charizard GX
1 Oranguru (Resource Management)
2 Mudkip
2 Swampert

Trainers: 40
3 Rare Candy
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Acerola
1 Guzma
4 Timer Ball
4 Nest Ball
4 Enhanced Hammer
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Luasamine
3 Steven’s Resolve
1 Team Skull Grunt
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Wonder Labyrinth <>
3 Po Town

Energy: 1
1 Super Boost Energy <>

I saw someone use this against me on TCG ONE, and I thought it would be hilarious to add Goomy. Banette is there to soak up Shrine damage and transfer it to Rhyperior so that Acerola can work. The names are just because I saw a lot of Pokébeach users’ names match the cards I was using. It looked like an abominable combo deck made between a few “mascot members.”

Last edited:
1) Super boost?
2) Lusamine?
3) Ninetales GX > Steven's
Agreed, thank you very much.
However, Ninetales evolves from Beacon Vulpix, which is really essential to getting this deck up fast.
Changes:
-3 Shrine of Punishment

+1 Steven’s Resolve
+2 Lusamine

Last edited:
I'm currently running this online, but I'm not from NA, so I probably wasn't involved in your revelation. Also, this should be a stall deck, because well...you're milling stuff.

With that said, first thing that needs fixing ASAP is Super Boost Energy. It's how Zard wins games. So:

-2 DCE
+1 SBE

Since Goomy is a prime defender in your version, let's ramp it up and add Labyrinth to the fray:

+1 Wonder Labyrinth

Shrine is truly unnecessary, it's not an attacking deck. But we need to run stadiums to keep opponents from playing their game. You have two choices, I'll leave it to you:

-3 Shrine of Punishment
+2 Brooklet Hill (searches Vulpix, Mudkip or Rhyhorn) / Po Town (puts damage on Rhyperior for Acerola)

Shuppet, Bannette and FairyTales are weaknesses to be exploited by your opponents in prize racing. You need other defenses:

-1 Shuppet
-1 Bannette GX
-1 Vulpix
-2 FairyTales GX
-1 Bayleef

+1 Hoopa
+1 Oddish
+1 Vileplume
+1 Shuckle GX

The only supporters you really need here are Steven's and Acerola. Your search engine works evolutions out, allowing you to cut some excess baggage. You can add some fanciness in here, though:

-4 Cynthia
-1 Guzma
-2 Timer Ball
-2 Super Scoop Up
-1 Nest Ball (-2 if you opt for Brooklet)
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+4 Steven's Resolve
+1 Acerola
+1 Team Skull Grunt or Anita
+2 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Pal Pad
+2 Crushing Hammer

And I'd find room for Gladion, +1 line of Swampert and an extra Rhyhorn. But, of course, this is how I'm running it. If you're going a different direction, feel free to ignore whatever doesn't suit you.

I'm currently running this online, but I'm not from NA, so I probably wasn't involved in your revelation. Also, this should be a stall deck, because well...you're milling stuff.

With that said, first thing that needs fixing ASAP is Super Boost Energy. It's how Zard wins games. So:

-2 DCE
+1 SBE

Since Goomy is a prime defender in your version, let's ramp it up and add Labyrinth to the fray:

+1 Wonder Labyrinth

Shrine is truly unnecessary, it's not an attacking deck. But we need to run stadiums to keep opponents from playing their game. You have two choices, I'll leave it to you:

-3 Shrine of Punishment
+2 Brooklet Hill (searches Vulpix, Mudkip or Rhyhorn) / Po Town (puts damage on Rhyperior for Acerola)

Shuppet, Bannette and FairyTales are weaknesses to be exploited by your opponents in prize racing. You need other defenses:

-1 Shuppet
-1 Bannette GX
-1 Vulpix
-2 FairyTales GX
-1 Bayleef

+1 Hoopa
+1 Oddish
+1 Vileplume
+1 Shuckle GX

The only supporters you really need here are Steven's and Acerola. Your search engine works evolutions out, allowing you to cut some excess baggage. You can add some fanciness in here, though:

-4 Cynthia
-1 Guzma
-2 Timer Ball
-2 Super Scoop Up
-1 Nest Ball (-2 if you opt for Brooklet)
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+4 Steven's Resolve
+1 Acerola
+1 Team Skull Grunt or Anita
+2 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Pal Pad
+2 Crushing Hammer

And I'd find room for Gladion, +1 line of Swampert and an extra Rhyhorn. But, of course, this is how I'm running it. If you're going a different direction, feel free to ignore whatever doesn't suit you.
OOh, thanks!
I’ll do the Wonder Labyrinth, but DCE is there literally so Zard can GX. I’ll do it, though.
I’ll cut out Shrine, but I don’t like the Brooklett Hill idea.
I like what you did with removing my Pokémon, but not what you did putting stuff in. I don’t like Vileplume, despise Hoopa, and think Shuckle is outclassed by Goomy. Nothing personal.
4 Cynthia might be overdoing it, but I guess...
I’ll do Guzma too.
I NEED those Scoop Ups, and the Timer Balls.
Ehh, the changes are okay. I like a good chunk of them.
I will try to do the extra Rhyperior and Swamperts, but I feel like I don’t need Gladion.

-2 DCE
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Shuppet
-1 Banette GX
-2 Vulpix
-2 Fairytales
-1 Bayleef
-2 Cynthia
-1 Guzma

+4 Steven’s Resolve
+1 Acerola
+1 Team Skull Grunt
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Mudkip
+1 Swampert
+4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Wonder Labyrinth <>

-2 Cynthia
-1 Team Skull Grunt
-1 Steven’s Resolve (accidentally had 61 cards)

+1 Mudkip
+1 Swampert
+1 Rescue Stretcher

About DCE: you really don't need them. SBE is all you really need, because it's a one-attachment, one-time use option, against the two-attachment alternative and you can fetch it with Steven's at the time of need, trust me on this. It's really the only change I have to put my foot down on.

About Timer and Scoop: once your engine is up (2 Meganium, 1 Swampert, 1 Rhyperior, 2 defenses), all you really need is Rainbow > Acerola. Once a defense is down, Zard should be ready to GX. Everything else becomes secondary.

Oh, and I knew I was forgetting something: find room for Counter Catcher. 2, if you can. And you're set.

(still keep an eye on Gladion, though)

Back