Goodstuff Sandstorm Team

Jellicent -- SpA Set:
- Shadow Ball
- Scald
- Protect
- Pain Split

This Jellicent can get hit a few times before Pain Splitting. Then you should be able to knock down the rest of its health easily.

Jellicent -- SpA Set #2:
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Water Spout
- Icy Wind

Recover and Giga Drain heal up good, which makes Water Spout more powerful. Just enough for those Hitmontop(s). Icy Wind for double-hittin-dragonz.

Sky Uppercut on Blaziken is Flying-Type, and that is Supereffective against Hitmontop. 'Nuff said?

Oh :/

It sounds like it is Flying. Gamefreak has failed me again.

/me weeps in corner.

Peck, Brave Bird, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, and Bounce are all Flying-type and can be learned by Blaziken.

Yea now that i think about it i may as well give blaziken brave bird since it has nice base power and blaziken will almost always be faster than any fighting types.

While you're giving it Brave Bird, why not consider giving it a Sitrus Berry? That way you can recover OHKO HP. You can also use Swords Dance to pump up Blaziken's solid Attack stat to a frightening number. When Speed Boost is thrown into the mix, Blaziken suddenly turns into a potent sweeper that only becomes harder and harder to revenge kill as time passes and it obtains more Speed boosts. Hi Jump Kick is Blaziken's main sweeping move: after a Swords Dance, it will OHKO all common Pokemon that do not resist it, save for the bulkiest of Groudon, which is quite an impressive feat. Protect ensures that Blaziken will obtain at least one Speed boost before sweeping, and makes up for its low initial Speed. Flare Blitz rounds out Blaziken's coverage and has the potential to be Blaziken's most powerful option by far. It gets STAB on top of its naturally high Base Power, and with sun support becomes so powerful that at +2, it can OHKO 4/0 Giratina-O after Stealth Rock damage. Considering Giratina-O resists Flare Blitz and is extremely bulky, the sheer damage output of that attack shows just how powerful Blaziken is. Shaymin-S and Mewtwo are also both OHKOed by an unboosted Flare Blitz. Furthermore, Flare Blitz is a good strong attack just to throw out if it's too risky to use Hi Jump Kick.

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz sets you up for massive recoil. I really consider the Sitrus Berry for a held item since you still don't have one.

Or you can give Blaziken a Fire Gem + Fire Punch for good Physical Damage. Or you can try Flame Charge to be extra speedy.

Hmm... it appears to me that your team has a pretty high Latios weakness. Given that Blaziken can't even OHKO it via Night Slash (252 Atk Blaziken (+Atk) Night Slash vs 4 HP/4 Def Latios: 64.1% - 75.64% - 2 hits to KO), and your team is in for it (yes, there's Jelli, but it normally doesn't take too much to KO that thing).

Let's go ahead and break down the team at a glance:

Garchomp / Tar / Rotom-W / Ferro

Change some of the sets a little, and you're golden. This core really isn't too bad, provided you have enough general Fighting-type counters (namely Terrakion, Scrafty, Hitmontop, Conkeldurr etc.). Also, with a slight tweek to Ferro, you would actually already have two Latios counters (note, that doesn't mean you have two Dragon counters).

That leaves Jelli and Blaziken. Looking over your team, I heavily question their use here. In its current state, Scarf Thundurus-T might be a thing to worry about (which is the only common set seen besides Specs), considering many can be seen with something like TBolt / Focus Blast (I kid you not) / Hidden Power [Ice or Flying] / Grass Knot. Tyranitar can counter it since Focus Blast won't OHKO through a Chople Berry, but as far as everything else is concerned, keep your fingers crossed.

252 SpAtk Thundurus-T (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Flying vs 0 HP/4 SpDef Blaziken: 120% - 143.23%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Blaziken (+Atk) Flare Blitz vs 0 HP/0 Def Thundurus-T: 92.21% - 109.09%
56.25% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Fire Gem Blaziken (+Atk) Flare Blitz vs 0 HP/0 Def Thundurus-T: 138.31% - 163.64%
Guaranteed OHKO

In order for Blaziken to outspeed Scarf Thundy-T, it needs to be at +2 Speed, meaning the opponent could easily take advantage of that and proceed to pluck off Blaziken. As you can see, Flare Blitz is more than capable of denting, but again, it's all in getting to +2 Spe. in the first place. During Rain, Blaziken is dead weight. Tar can change the weather up, but in certain moments, your foe can easily predict a vital Tar switch-in for the unthwarted Flare Blitz and put the match in their favor.

248 SpAtk 30 SAtt IV Thundurus-T (+SpAtk) Thunderbolt vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 89.86% - 105.8%
37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk 31 SAtt IV Thundurus-T (+SpAtk) Thunderbolt vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 89.86% - 107.25%
43.75% chance to OHKO

252 SpAtk Thundurus-T (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/4 SpDef Garchomp: 118.03% - 139.89%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 SpAtk Thundurus-T (+SpAtk) Focus Blast vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Ferrothorn: 79.56% - 93.92%
2 hits to KO

I think the rest of these calcs speak for themselves when I say that Thundurus-T is a problem.

Going back to that four-core system and what your team is weak to, a member I would add is Scarf Salamence.

Back