• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Goodra/sylveon gx

Ianmar021214

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone,
I was playing around with this deck
4 goomy gri-94
4 sliggo gri-95
4 goodra gri-96
2 diancie bus-94
2 eevee sum-101
2 sylveon GX gri-92

3 lana bus-117
3 guzma bus-115
3 nestball sum-123
3 ultra ball shl-68
3 rescue stretcher bus-165
3 super rod bkt-149
4 shauna fco-111
4 hala gri-126

10 fairy energy
6 water energy

I am not too sure about the diancie i like her ability to search for evolutions.
The reason behind this deck is i like dragon type pokemon. And i like the idea of the greninja deck but i dont like to play net decks.
I have no idea what to do with the trainers to be honest. I struggle against fairy decks because of weakness

Tactics
The whole goal is to set up goodra. Sliggo uses its attack to get 2 more sliggos on the bench these are the ones who are going to attack as i expect the first one to die.

Sylveon, nestballs, ultra balls and diancie are here to help me set up. I play alot of table top battle games so i like redundancy. Have multipull outs to get to my goal. The reason i dont run Sycamore is i dont want to discard alot. Keep cycling in the cards into the deck not the discard pile. Hala and shauna can do the same work as Sycamore. Lana is i think a under estimated trainer. Any pokemon with a water energy gets healed for 50.

Any ideas are welcome except one tip i know tapu lele is hot right now i dont care i firmly believe that she is not necessary for a deck and will not play her

Last edited:
Personally, I think this list needs a lot of work.

Tapu Lele GX, no matter what you might say, is crucial for any deck nowadays if you want any sort of consistency.
Lana isn't a good card - just play Max Potion.
You really need Sycamore if you want a fast setup deck, which this will need playing lots of evolutions.
Drop the nest balls, add another ultra ball and a Brigette.
Drop 4 Fairy and 3 water for 4 Crushing Hammer, 2 Team Flare Grunt and 1 Parallel city.

Personally, I think this list needs a lot of work.

Tapu Lele GX, no matter what you might say, is crucial for any deck nowadays if you want any sort of consistency.
Lana isn't a good card - just play Max Potion.
You really need Sycamore if you want a fast setup deck, which this will need playing lots of evolutions.
Drop the nest balls, add another ultra ball and a Brigette.
Drop 4 Fairy and 3 water for 4 Crushing Hammer, 2 Team Flare Grunt and 1 Parallel city.

Thanks for the reply and for your feedback,
Why do you say max potion is better then lana? Lana heals every pokemon with an water energy attached and doesnt make me lose energy. I will take in consideration the rest of what you said. I am playing around with another deck idea at the moment and am deciding between that deck (my take on quad sylveon gx) and this deck

Thanks for the reply and for your feedback,
Why do you say max potion is better then lana? Lana heals every pokemon with an water energy attached and doesnt make me lose energy. I will take in consideration the rest of what you said. I am playing around with another deck idea at the moment and am deciding between that deck (my take on quad sylveon gx) and this deck

Because Lana is your supporter for the turn and most of the time you will want to use Sycamore or N or Brigette. Also Lana will heal 150 at the very most (you are not going to have 50 damage on every pokemon lol) while max potion can heal 150 in an item regularly.

Because Lana is your supporter for the turn and most of the time you will want to use Sycamore or N or Brigette. Also Lana will heal 150 at the very most (you are not going to have 50 damage on every pokemon lol) while max potion can heal 150 in an item regularly.

Thanks man i am an old magic player so i am used to play with the cards in hand and not the absurd draw power in pokemon

I agree with @Marowhacker , get rid of the Lana. It just is not a good card because it relies on each of your Pokemon having a water energy attached. You run 6 water energies so that means you have to manually attach all 6 to your active and benched pokemon one by one. By the time you do this, your Pokemon will most likely be knocked out so consider using max potion.

Honestly, I would consider making an entirely different deck. I understand that you like dragons, but Goodra really isn't a good attacker. You have to 3 energies (two of different types) to do 130 damage? It will take you forever to set this card up and I can guarantee you that it will not survive an attack due to only having 160 HP.

I agree with @Marowhacker , get rid of the Lana. It just is not a good card because it relies on each of your Pokemon having a water energy attached. You run 6 water energies so that means you have to manually attach all 6 to your active and benched pokemon one by one. By the time you do this, your Pokemon will most likely be knocked out so consider using max potion.

Honestly, I would consider making an entirely different deck. I understand that you like dragons, but Goodra really isn't a good attacker. You have to 3 energies (two of different types) to do 130 damage? It will take you forever to set this card up and I can guarantee you that it will not survive an attack due to only having 160 HP.

I am playing around another deck my take on quad sylveon GX thanks for your input

Back