Help Good Competitive Decks Without Shaymin?

Terben

Aspiring Trainer
I'm currently saving up some cash to buy a deck for competitive play. I have been looking into buying a greninja break deck because it's cheap and seems pretty good, but I have other ideas too. I don't wanna run a deck that has to have shaymins because they're so expensive, so does anyone have any suggestions for decks that don't need shaymins but can be played very competitively and are good against current and next rotation decks? I just started playing the tcg about a month ago but I wanna get serious about it and maybe even play in the official tournaments. Thanks :)

(EDIT) I forgot to mention if possible I want it to be a deck that'll be playable in next rotation. If there's none that's fine by then I'll have a job so I wouldn't mind forking up more cash for another deck :p

Greninja Break is the only one that I can think of that's made top 8 at large tournaments without Shaymin so go with that if you were already thinking about it.

No one knows exactly what next standard rotation will be, so we can't 100% guarantee it'll be playable after that. However, rotation won't happen till next September so you have plenty of time to enjoy Greninja Break currently.

Also, be aware that with Sun and Moon coming out in February with GX cards, the format could get shaken up greatly. I don't usually test cards before they come out so I don't know how competitive they'll end up being, but it may be something to consider in the next few months, most likely after the second SM set comes out in the spring.

Greninja Break is the only one that I can think of that's made top 8 at large tournaments without Shaymin so go with that if you were already thinking about it.

No one knows exactly what next standard rotation will be, so we can't 100% guarantee it'll be playable after that. However, rotation won't happen till next September so you have plenty of time to enjoy Greninja Break currently.

Also, be aware that with Sun and Moon coming out in February with GX cards, the format could get shaken up greatly. I don't usually test cards before they come out so I don't know how competitive they'll end up being, but it may be something to consider in the next few months, most likely after the second SM set comes out in the spring.
Ok sounds good, I'll definitely be buying it soon. Thanks :)

I know this is kinda late but should I run talonflame/ greninja or just regular greninja?

Personally I use a few Talonflame in mine, but try it both ways and see what you like. I've seen some people throw in a stardust Jirachi in there also just to help out with the mulligans and it slows down special energy decks like darktina or Yvetal. I want to test that out, but I don't have any of him yet.

I personally use both the Talonflame and Jirachi. Only problem is the 60hp on Jirachi and easy knockout.

I don't think greninja will be good after the Giratina Promo. And it will be in a blister in english.

That promo is already out, at least in the online game. I haven't had any trouble against it yet with my Greninja deck. It might just not have found a home in a good deck yet.

Back