Good as (Fool’s) Gold — The Good and Bad of Gholdengo ex

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all! Last time, I talked about Chien-Pao ex decks and why they have recently started to see a surge in popularity. Since then, Chien-Pao ex has continued to see consistent success at major events, both online and offline. Towards the end of that article, I talked briefly about how Paradox Rift was going to change Chien-Pao ex going forward, largely noting Iron Hands ex as a major change, and now that the set has released, we have started to see its impact unfold. Iron Hands ex has pretty much split Chien-Pao ex into two distinct decks. One style centers around the original Cross Switcher plus...

Continue reading...

There was no mention of using single-prize attackers like Scizor to balance out single-prize matchups or throw the opponent off of their 2-2-2 trade, is Scizor just bait?

There was no mention of using single-prize attackers like Scizor to balance out single-prize matchups or throw the opponent off of their 2-2-2 trade, is Scizor just bait?
I think that Scizor is alright, and I considered it as an option, but a lot of the time it just doesn't feel good enough. More often than not, your opponent will just take a Knock Out on one of your Gimmighoul or Bidoof and giving the opponent another single prizer without forcing a Boss is not ideal.

Back